The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WP attire [x-post]

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  spurstop 
#1 ·
It doesn't seem like the show apparel forum gets many looks so I thought I may see if anyone in here may have an opinion...

"I've never been in a show before, so this will be my first...I'm clueless. It will be a local show, so nothing too fancy but I'd still like to look the part.

My plan is to wear some flashy Miss Me type jeans, my brown cowboy boots and then purchase a flashy plaid shirt (something with red accents - planning on using a red saddle pad), black chaps and a black hat. Is that too 'casual' for a WP show?

Read more: http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/first-wp-show-many-questions-hat-129860/#ixzz200H2rx9t"

Thank you guys...hopefully this isn't frowned upon too much. :D

#3 ·
For a small show to get you started, I'd go for nice jeans (no bling, prefer to sit at natural waist- no lowriders!), a nice solid button down shirt, and hat, if you have one. Helmet will be acceptable as well at most shows if you don't have a hat. Boots should be clean and in good condition, and match your outfit well. A belt that matches will also be good, but I'm picky about belts... some silver bling is ok, but not a fancy fashion belt with studs or something on it.

You say that you're wearing black hat and chaps, but brown boots- I'd try to find some black boots if you can. I'd stick to a solid color, like the burgandy one you posted in your other thread, or like the ones Rod's has. I have a nice show shirt, but I'm seriously considering going for a white Rod's one for super hot show days. :D If you can find black jeans and don't mind buying a pair just for the show, I'd go for that, but regular ones will be fine if not.

The important thing to remember is that you should show that you respect the show and judge(s) enough to make a good turn out, even if it's not fancy. Showing up with a clean horse and matching tack (preferably leather) and a well thought-out outfit will be ok. Think of the simple outfits the men wear at even Congress or World's, women are sometimes wearing very similar things now, and still placing well.

#5 ·
Sounds like a plan. And I agree on the plain shirt. I have seen a few plaids in the halter arena but not very many at all. It's funny how at one show you can have someone in a western show outfit that costs over $1,000 yet in that very same class you can have someone in a plain black cotton blouse w/ a scarf on their neck and both will look equally as spiffy.

The important thing is to be neat and tidy.

#7 ·
Tight bun would look very nice. I've seen pony tails with pretty silver barrets that are curled nicely and I've also seen the bun. I think I see the bun more often than the pony tail and it does look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.