The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   New British Freestyle Record! (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/new-british-freestyle-record-130088/)

Shasta1981 07-08-2012 06:11 PM

New British Freestyle Record!

90.65 % - wow!!

Charlotte Dujardin sets new British freestyle dressage record - Horse & Hound

Whoovian 07-08-2012 07:43 PM

That was soooo amazing!!!!!!!! I was debating doing dressage before but now I I'm sure I have to.:happydance:

Roperchick 07-08-2012 08:13 PM

wow thats awesome

equiniphile 07-08-2012 08:29 PM

What a fantastic ride! I've watched her and Carl Hester's show on HRTV, which shows some of Valegro's training sessions. Does anyone know if their test marks are available online anywhere?

cakemom 07-08-2012 10:31 PM

Really nice ride! Gorgeous animal!
Posted via Mobile Device

Kayty 07-09-2012 02:31 AM

I adore this horse's piaffe. I haven't seen such even steps and tempo in a very long time. Extended trot - walk transition, flawless and increadibly difficult.
England will be very deserving of an Olympic Gold this year, I hope they get it. The Australian selection process was ridiculous and I know I should support my Australian team, and we do have a very good team this year, but what the selectors did was disgusting in my opinion.
So I'll have to wave my flag for the next closest to the Aussies, and support the UK.

HowClever 07-09-2012 03:32 AM

Kayty, the Hayley Beresford deal? What an absolute farce! Can not believe the stunt that was pulled there!

What a lovely ride this was! Such a pleasure to watch.

Kayty 07-09-2012 05:09 AM

Yep, I'm disgusted at EA. Yes Kristy is a good and successful rider, but she's had a 2 year break while Hayley has been slogging her guts out working so hard. She's not healthy, she relies entirely on sponsors and owners to get her out there. She worked her way up to where she in, and IMO and many others, she is far more deserving of a position on the team.
The selection committee changing the selection criteria to suit Kristy, atrocious!
Hayley's Bello is an absolutely exquisite horse and in my opinion, a far better pick than Clive.
But hey, money talks doesn't it. *mutters in disgust*

HowClever 07-10-2012 01:40 AM

Wholeheartedly agreed, Kayty. Still can't believe that EA is pretty well remaining completely silent too. Seems like a pretty solid admission that they did something wrong to me. What other influence could there be, but money, to pick the rider ranked 288 in the world, over the rider ranked 111.

I think they will be cleaning up this mess for a very long time.

Kayty 07-10-2012 01:51 AM

People already think dressage in the Olympics is a joke, particularly in Australia as we do not have so much 'horse culture' as the European nations. Now this mess is all over the media, Hayley was interviewed on Sunrise, it's been in a lot of the major national newspapers, and all over the internet.
If people were on the fence that dressage was a money driven, power hungry, elitist sport - now they now for sure that their suspicions were correct.
I hope they feel bad after Hayley kicked arse in Aachen last week!!!!

Not only has the dressage community got ruffled feathers over the mess, but now it's public knowledge and any popularity the sport was getting has gone straight down the sh!ter!!!!!