The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   I just have to show you.. (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/i-just-have-show-you-130179/)

StellaIW 07-09-2012 11:58 AM

I just have to show you..

my lovely litte horse.

This is a video of from last year of her doing her first canter after she had a fracture in one of her front legs. Even after months and months of box rest, she is so willing to work.

She really is my dreamhorse.

I am riding in a Star Trekk Espainiola (not a dressage saddle) so sorry about my seat.

Lockwood 07-09-2012 12:04 PM

She is such a lovely mare! I really enjoy the pics you post of her, and now a video too.

ChipsAhoy 07-09-2012 03:34 PM

Wow, she's gorgeous!

SorrelHorse 07-09-2012 03:35 PM

What a good team you are! Love seeing your gorgeous mare :)

tinyliny 07-09-2012 03:50 PM

She is light and balanced and a joy to watch. And you ride just beautifully! I wish I could ride that well.

Cacowgirl 07-09-2012 03:56 PM

Loved your video-also watched the baby one-he's a little spitfire-really keeps momma busy!

StellaIW 07-09-2012 05:37 PM

Thanks everyone!

Cacowgirl, I know it's hard to believe, but Baby is actually a little filly!

People always say that fillies are calm and nice. I say... not so much.

StellaIW 07-09-2012 05:38 PM

Here is an other video, it is from the third lesson we took after her injury. :-)

Träning - YouTube

StellaIW 07-09-2012 05:57 PM

And here is Noblessa, a mare I had in training. In this video I had been riding her for about 3 weeks.

When I started with her she was more like a newly started three year old baby that panicked when you asked
here to canter and trotted around with her nose in the sky in a slow motion. If you compared her to a snail, the snail would have been the fastest of the two.

She is superfat. She has had a few foals and has not been ridden for a few years and I just went out in the field looked at the horses and I thought,
that's a pretty nice looking horse, and I asked the owner if I could ride her for a little while.

She is running away a little bit, but I prefer that. If you have a horse that want's to move forward all the time asking "How much faster do you want me to go?"
every time you use the leg, instead of a horse that says "Ok I go a little bit faster, no more no less...".

When it's time to collect a horse that is used to move forward all the time and has it "built in" it's easy to ask the horse to collect itself. :-)

But in this video we are just building up some trust - she learning to be in her "frame" by herself, with only light contact in the reins.

Casey02 07-09-2012 06:12 PM

I bet you are one proud owner!