The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Gypsy Colt conformation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/gypsy-colt-conformation-130360/)

Schulzs89 07-10-2012 03:42 PM

Gypsy Colt conformation

3 Attachment(s)
He is almost 2 months old and already the size of foals 6 weeks older than him.

I know these are not great confirmation shots, just pics sent to me from his breeder.

:-)

lilruffian 07-10-2012 03:55 PM

Cant really judge his confo quite accurately at this age but right now he appears to be developing well. I would wait until he is atleast 6 months to a year before asking for a good critique, and even then thats a little soon.

Schulzs89 07-10-2012 04:21 PM

I will be taking him to the Feathered Horse classic in November, for the wrangling class.

Schulzs89 07-10-2012 04:22 PM

Ugh auto correct, I meant weanling!!

Stoddard 07-10-2012 05:12 PM

Adorable and beautiful. He looks healthy. :)

FeatheredFeet 07-11-2012 04:41 PM

Adorable boy. He'll be very pretty once he sheds out. Make sure you get a really good profile pic of him at three months on the dot. That should give you a good indication of how he will look at maturity. It does seem to work, most of the time. The rule is, three weeks, three months, three years.

I think he's looking very respectable for his age. Excellent feathering for his age too. If I were to be really picky, I'd maybe like to see a little sweeter head on him, but as it stands, it is not too big for his body and perfectly acceptable for his breed. What is his breeding?

Lizzie

Note. It is confOrmation and not confIrmation.

Schulzs89 07-11-2012 04:50 PM

Yes lol, well I got that right in the title. :-) I saw that typo after I posted too though.

Thank you, I will be sure to take pics at three months.

He is out of mhr Tamira, whose grandsire is Sligo. His sire is Waycross York.

His breeder's website is Search Results for "waycrossfarms.com"

Thank you for your thoughts! :-)

FeatheredFeet 07-11-2012 05:18 PM

Ah ha! I know the background of your boy, very well. Bring him along slowly. I have a feeling he's probably going to be a bigger (taller) boy.

His sire's sire, Bruno. Was a taller Gypsy. There are a few of his offspring over here. He was owned I believe, by Sid Harker in the UK. Can't get much better than Sid's breeding. I tend to think his sire's dam, was probably from Sid's "Rose" line. All superior horses.

Your boy's dam's sire was Sligo. He was very well known in Germany. Did extremely well in dressage there and produced some very well known offspring. In the US, he was owned by my friend Deb Gakstatter. She sold him and he died at the new owner's place. Sadly, they never would admit how or why he suddenly died! Sligo was also a bigger boy and very athletic. Many of his offspring across the world, are well known and horses of distinction.

Lizzie

Schulzs89 07-11-2012 05:37 PM

That is awesome that you know so much about his family background! I feel very blessed to have him, his breeder was probably going to keep him herself but fell in love with a drum colt days before his birth, and I found her farm only a few days before his birth. Very great timing!

I plan to take it very slow with him. I'll just be showing him in halter and working on his ground manners.. And of course grroning him. I love to groom as much as I love to ride so I should certainly have a lot of fun with him. :-)

Also, that is very cool that your friend owned Sligo, did you get to meet him before he moved to his other owner? What a sad mystery about his death too. I know he is very missed in the gypsy world!

Thank you!

Schulzs89 07-11-2012 05:38 PM

**grooming