The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Jumping saddles? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/jumping-saddles-130422/)

pep 07-11-2012 12:24 AM

Jumping saddles?

What are some good quality jumping saddles for under 3000$ ? I like the prestige saddles because they are said to be very good quality and last a really long time but they are a bit out of my budget. Does anybody know of any saddle brands that are similar quality to prestige? Thanks in advance

caseymyhorserocks 07-11-2012 02:05 AM

Collegiate, and Stubben are great! I love those.. And WOW $3000 is a pretty big budget there! I personally love these two saddles
Stübben Roxane VSS All-Purpose Saddle in Havana | Dover Saddlery
Collegiate Convertible Senior Event Saddle - All Purpose/Eventing Saddles from SmartPak Equine
Both fantastic saddles, the Collegiate is great for dressage as well.. And the flaps arent as forward, I dont like the really forward ones. The Stubben looks better than it does in the pic, BTW.

OH Collegiate and Stubben are both very nice brands known for exceptional quality, especially Stubben! I have the Stubben saddle, I got it for $500 with Candy..! Comfy and well made.

pep 07-11-2012 02:40 AM

kitten_Val 07-11-2012 07:47 AM

With $3000 limit you can look in quite a bit. :)

If we talk about higher end you can look into Black Country (Quantum is awesome), County, and Passier. Medium range: M Toulouse, Collegiate, Bates (I personally have MT).

P.S. Personally I'm not fan of Stubben - I think new ones are over-priced for the quality, but it's just me.

DancingArabian 07-11-2012 07:58 AM

I'd get a treeless one - probably an Ansur - if I had that kind of budget.
Posted via Mobile Device

gypsygirl 07-11-2012 08:35 AM

personally, i would not go with any treeless or adjustable tree saddle for jumping !

i have a county saddle and i absolutely LOVE it. it cost around $4000 brand new, but worth every penny. i literally saved for years to buy this saddle because i love county saddles so much. you can get used/demo saddles from county and they have great reps to help you saddle fit.

NeuroticMare 07-11-2012 09:37 AM

I ride in a Beval Natural, in your price range and it has a nice balance point (for me, anyway) I love it. I would look at what fits your horse and you and go from there.

DancingArabian 07-11-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 1591751)
personally, i would not go with any treeless or adjustable tree saddle for jumping !

i have a county saddle and i absolutely LOVE it. it cost around $4000 brand new, but worth every penny. i literally saved for years to buy this saddle because i love county saddles so much. you can get used/demo saddles from county and they have great reps to help you saddle fit.

Why would you flat out rule out treeless? My horse does great jumping treeless and I know many treeless jumpers and eventers.
Posted via Mobile Device

pep 07-11-2012 07:44 PM

I personally don't like treeless saddles

shanoona 07-13-2012 09:28 AM

Stubben, Kieffer, Kentaur, Prestige, Hauzr are known here in Czech :)