The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Equine Massage Certification (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/equine-massage-certification-130462/)

MommyLady 07-11-2012 12:20 PM

Equine Massage Certification

I am looking for a place to obtain an Equine Massage Certification. I'm older, have been working as a social worker for some time, so I am not looking for an equine studies program that is going to take years to complete. I am having trouble discerning which places are legit and which places are not at all what I am looking for. Any suggestions? The closer to Michigan the better. Thanks!

LonesomeRanch 07-13-2012 02:03 AM

Equissage: Equine Massage and Canine Massage Certification

They are in VA, I know thats kind of a haul for you. There are a couple programs which allow you to go over the weekend, and bring your own horse, and you pay the stall fee.

LonesomeRanch 07-13-2012 02:06 AM

Equissage is a 5 day program. And you dont bring your horse I dont think. tho Im not positive, youll have to look it up.

Ill have to look through my canine massage stuff and see if I can find the other one where you bring your horse with you.

Skyseternalangel 07-13-2012 02:28 AM

Oh wow!! Thank you Lonestar.. I'm around that area (well my horse is..) so that is totally a feasible distance.

Hopefully the OP finds a good school to learn from!

LonesomeRanch 07-13-2012 02:33 AM

This one is in OHio and you can bring your horse.

Horse Massage Therapy Equine Massage Workshops Animal & Pet Massage Services

Joe4d 07-13-2012 03:10 AM

none of them are legit, you can just as easily call yourself a moonbeam spirit talker. There is no regulatory governing body, no standards of learning or anything else. Your certification basically means the check cleared.

With Grace 07-13-2012 03:44 AM

A five day program isn't really going to cover all you need to become proficient. Iv been studying now since March, and have several more months of studies before I am even certified. Licensing to practice takes even longer.

LonesomeRanch 07-13-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 1595180)
none of them are legit, you can just as easily call yourself a moonbeam spirit talker. There is no regulatory governing body, no standards of learning or anything else. Your certification basically means the check cleared.

Thats not necessarily true. Equissage is governed by NCBTMB.

And the question is what are you going to do with your training. She never mentioned whether it was for personal use, or if she wanted to pursue it as a means of acquiring a job/starting a business, etc. 5 days of training could be enough for personal use on your own horses.

Horseboy 07-13-2012 12:50 PM

I agree LonesomeRanch! If you want to try and make it a career then i would go for more the 5 days but just to work on your own horse this is a great program I have done a program kinda like the 5 day and I think it is great for every horse and rider, then again i am a "moonbeam spirit talker" kinda guy i dare say that I also give my horses Reiki lol and they love it!

csimkunas6 07-13-2012 01:40 PM

Meredith Manor has an Equine Massage Certification. Its in WV, on the Ohio/WV boarder. The course is 3months long. Im sure they would let you just take that course. All I know is, its a LOT of info jammed down your throat in that time, but it IS doable. Good Luck!