The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Should I join High School Rodeo? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/should-i-join-high-school-rodeo-130463/)

DoubleS 07-11-2012 01:25 PM

Should I join High School Rodeo?

Hi! :)
I love to show horses in Western pleasure and stuff, but I really like gaming too. I've been thinking about joining my school's high school rodeo team, but I'm not sure. My horse isn't really a great gaming horse. I mean, he does it just fine, but not really well. Would I look stupid just doing it for fun or is it more competitive than that?
I need your input :)

TristaJean 07-11-2012 01:29 PM

Gaming is so much fun, and since it's just a high school level thing, I would go for it! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

nickers103 07-11-2012 02:28 PM

You're bound to look back on it later in life and regret not going for it if you don't. Do not let others who seem more competitive and what not deter you from going out there and having yourself good time! So what if you don't think your horse is as great as others. If the both of you have heart and determination, that's all that matters :-)

SorrelHorse 07-11-2012 08:19 PM

Who the hell cares what anyone says? If you want to do it, you pay your money to be there and yu be apart of the team...Then you have the right to rodeo! Plus, you and your horse will get better as the season progresses :) I say go for it!

DoubleS 07-11-2012 08:22 PM

Okay I think I'm going to go for it!! Thanks for the encouragement :)

BubblesBlue 07-11-2012 08:30 PM

You can do it! I hope I will see you at some rodeos. ^^

spurstop 07-13-2012 09:32 PM

Are you talking about the actual National High School Rodeo Association?

I am not sure where you are, but down here it is very, very competitive.

COWCHICK77 07-13-2012 09:45 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Have you tried any local jr. Rodeos?
That might give you a better idea whether you would like to join and compete for the upcoming season.

Roperchick 07-13-2012 09:51 PM

if your talking NHSRA then its extremely competitive. those guys are intense about it. My friend is a Sophmore i think (such a youngin) and shes on the road like 24/7 for the rodeos.

BubblesBlue 07-13-2012 09:54 PM

I also want to say that it only usually rewards points too, unless you jackpot for money but no one usually does unless it's mandatory.
So you have to have a good paying job or some money to keep on the road because the rodeos, stalls, and drives are not cheap at all..