The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Introducing...Dubai (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/introducing-dubai-130493/)

DuffyDuck 07-11-2012 04:16 PM

Introducing...Dubai

6 Attachment(s)
Some of you may have stumbled on to my thread about a horse I was going to see.

Well, he's home!!
Who would have thought from selling Duffy, to trying out a load of horses from 4-10, from fresh broke to medium level.. I would end up with a three year old stallion.

I didn't even go to try him out, I went with the intentions of trying out a 6yo mare and we didn't fit, the breeder said I have another I'd like to show you.. and it went down hill from there :P

He's 3,5years old.
Hannoverian.
16.3hh at the moment.
Dark brown
Don Frederico is the father, a Weltmeyer mother.

I have never. Ever. EVER ridden such a placid wb. No joke, I test rode him in an outdoor jumping schoo, tried to see if he would stress in and out of the jumps, corners, a mare was being lunged.. he didn't bat an eye lid.

Vet check last night, and we loaded him straight up. He's never had boots on, so instead of travel boots I put on brushing boots. He walked a funny step, then paused at the ramp and loaded straight on.
Hours drive and he unloaded without a sweat or stress and walked on the yard like he'd bee there forever.

I had every intention of gelding. My trainer said keep him whole, providing I can control him.

So, without further ado.. pictures!

The close head shot is not me riding, and I am fully aware his feet need doing o.0 poor fella! Plus side, tamed his mane and he no longer looks like a freisian ahah!

lilkitty90 07-11-2012 04:30 PM

yay!!! i can't wait for more photos!! :) he looks like a beauty!

DuffyDuck 07-11-2012 04:31 PM

Oh he's handsome and he knows it ;D
Riding tomorrow so hopefully some then!

BarrelWannabe 07-11-2012 04:31 PM

He looks like a well bred fellow.

I agree with gelding, but if he matures and competes well, then leaving him intact could be a good idea.

Good luck!

kait18 07-11-2012 04:37 PM

love him :) i was checking ur fb page trying to find pics of him lol

good luck i want to hear all about him as you work with him

writer23 07-11-2012 04:39 PM

Congratulations, D! Can't wait to hear/see your progress together;)

DuffyDuck 07-11-2012 04:41 PM

I was definetly going to geld him prior to buying, but the breeder started making daft demands and my trainer who was around for the phone call said bring him whole and we'll get it done here.

When he unloaded, my trainer said 'Leave him as a stallion, he'll stay like that so long as you can handle him'

I know very little (nothing) about breeding, but she does ;D So, providing he isn't a handful, I will leave him and go with her guidance for now

GAH
I love this wee brown thing ahaha he's so darn adorable

Skyseternalangel 07-11-2012 04:50 PM

Yay I am so happy to see this thread on HF :)

DuffyDuck 07-11-2012 04:55 PM

Of course ;D

I have neglected hf recently... new job means I can't get on at work anymore.. too busy! and searching for a horse at every waking hour hasn;t left me much time ;D

itsapleasure 07-11-2012 04:56 PM

Congrats, he certainly is a handsome guy!