The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   Horse Exerciser/Trainer (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/horse-exerciser-trainer-130517/)

Roperchick 07-11-2012 09:29 PM

Horse Exerciser/Trainer

so the rescue really isnt panning out. yes i still love helping out there but theres some things that just are no bueno

The BO just inhereted a nice chunk of land back on the mainland so she has decided to move 90% of the horses there, and move back there herself. Dont get me wrong im extremely happy for her but thats leaving about 5 horses (all old and retired) here and no Honey to ride.
Ill still be going there every once in awhile to help out but im really looking for somewhere to ride.
so Im planning on going to Wheeler stables and the tack shop to put this ad up.....keep in mind this is just the meat n potatoes of it, the things i really want to get out that will really help me sell it. so any fine tuning or critique from all you proffesional advertiser peoples is appreciated.
______________________________--

I grew up on a farm and trained horses before enlisting in the army. I will be on island for another year 1/2 to two years and am looking for anybody that needs some help with their horses. I have alot of experience with starting horses and helping fix problem horses. I competed in English and western show, barrels, poles, breakaway and team roping, competitive trail, horse soccer, and working cattle. I have given riding lessons and am willing to work with the owner as well as the horse, in order to help build a strong respectful relationship with your animal. I can also just come ride your horse to keep it tuned up and in shape for show or rodeo, any discipline really for you.
Call/text 505-486-0832 for more information and to discuss what your needs are and the fees.

boots 07-13-2012 10:25 PM

Ever think of giving polo a shot? There's a club on Oahu at Mokuleia.

I groom and am having a blast. I have a demanding full time job and sort of "catch" groom. Get to exercise and school horses and have been set up with three to start playing (but I've been doing this for about three years.) There is something going on throughout the day, fitting most day job schedules.

Here's their site:
http://hawaii-polo.org/

My background was western/ranch for years and didn't find the differences difficult. Good horses are good horses and good horsemen are good horsemen.

Roperchick 07-21-2012 07:16 PM

i may try that boots!..

i just got 2 hits on my ad today. one from a man that i need to email back and a lady that wants help with her spooky gelding! should be fun

boots 07-23-2012 06:54 PM

Sounds like you will have no trouble finding rides.

Roperchick 07-24-2012 11:39 PM

haha hope not!

i rode out at the rescue for about 4 hours on sunday...hadnt ridden since christmas day before that...i. am. soooooore! so hopefully this lady works out so i can ride alot more often!

Equilove 07-26-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1592947)
so the rescue really isnt panning out. yes i still love helping out there but theres some things that just are no bueno

The BO just inhereted a nice chunk of land back on the mainland so she has decided to move 90% of the horses there, and move back there herself. Dont get me wrong im extremely happy for her but thats leaving about 5 horses (all old and retired) here and no Honey to ride.
Ill still be going there every once in awhile to help out but im really looking for somewhere to ride.
so Im planning on going to Wheeler stables and the tack shop to put this ad up.....keep in mind this is just the meat n potatoes of it, the things i really want to get out that will really help me sell it. so any fine tuning or critique from all you proffesional advertiser peoples is appreciated.
______________________________--

I grew up on a farm and trained horses before enlisting in the army. I will be on island for another year 1/2 to two years and am looking for anybody that needs some help with their horses. I have alot of experience with starting horses and helping fix problem horses. I competed in English and western show, barrels, poles, breakaway and team roping, competitive trail, horse soccer, and working cattle. I have given riding lessons and am willing to work with the owner as well as the horse, in order to help build a strong respectful relationship with your animal. I can also just come ride your horse to keep it tuned up and in shape for show or rodeo, any discipline really for you.
Call/text 505-486-0832 for more information and to discuss what your needs are and the fees.

If only you lived on Big Island... there is a lady there who owns a QH ranch (cutters mostly) that I worked for during a summer. Great place.

Roperchick 07-26-2012 02:17 PM

aaaw i wish. the big island is soooo much better than Oahu! but ill survive i guess!

Equilove 07-26-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1616788)
aaaw i wish. the big island is soooo much better than Oahu! but ill survive i guess!

Parker Ranch! Have you ever heard of Pudding Lassiter? I have only been to the airport in Honolulu, otherwise all my time was spent on Big Island. My dad lives there but is moving out here to KY on August 10th!

Roperchick 07-26-2012 02:44 PM

i hadnt heard of Pudding Lassiter... i just looked em up sounds interesting!

Equilove 07-26-2012 02:49 PM

Pudding is the bomb. She owns the ranch I worked at. She is so great with the animals, and people, and really loves them.

VIDEO: 2011 Hawaii Horse Expo wraps up in Waimea*|*Big Island Video News