The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   The shiny objects that say it all (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/shiny-objects-say-all-130527/)

Roperchick 07-11-2012 11:40 PM

The shiny objects that say it all

1 Attachment(s)
so my sisters bf just sent me a pic of the ring he got for my sister...if all goes according to plan hes gonna propose on saturday!

anyways my personal view is that i dont really want a diamond...or a ring....why you ask?
1. i would lose it in a heartbeat! haha
2. i dont see the point in spending all that money for a little sparkly. id rather him buy me a horse hehe
3. i cant wear it when im riding because id be way to paranoid that my rope would catch on it.

anyways heres her sparkly
Attachment 106090

what do yall think? i put it here so everybody (even the youngins) could comment.

do you want a ring? (or have one if ur hitched haha)
or
would you rather have a horse? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Skyseternalangel 07-11-2012 11:51 PM

Definitely a HORSE! Also that ring is so small o_O She must have really petite fingers.

I'm more of a minimalist.. I'd love etched silver but it'd be a grr and a half to repair it if it broke..

Roperchick 07-12-2012 12:00 AM

haha she does have little string bean fingers! that rock will swallow her hand haha.

yeah i think (if i ever get married grrr haha) that id probably just want a nice gold band that i could put on a chain. haha

SorrelHorse 07-12-2012 12:03 AM

I'd get a band, I don't think I'd want a rock....

BarrelWannabe 07-12-2012 12:06 AM

He could get me a horse worth the diamond ring. Haha.

Seriously, I'd be just as paranoid that I'd lose it too. For it being on my finger, I have the worst time keeping track of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Roperchick 07-12-2012 12:09 AM

same here sorrelhorse. my mom has a nice gold band and i think i would want somethin similar. then again shes had to have it cut off twice. once when she got stung by a bee on that finger (it was a church camp and it was kinda funny) and once when she broke her finger while trailing our SaR dogs haha.

barrelwannabe-right?! i have a couple rings that i like to wear when i go to the country bar but im always taking them off and playing with them and i know eventually im gonna set em down somewhere and forget....id probably end up doing the same thing with my wedding ring haha

BarrelWannabe 07-12-2012 12:12 AM

Exactly! That isn't something I'd want to leave at the local honky-tonk on a Friday night. Haha. I'd probably be strangled, but then I'd just tell him 'Shoulda got that horse instead'.
Posted via Mobile Device

Roperchick 07-12-2012 12:15 AM

im sure that would fly so well
u:but babe i didnt even realize i was playing with it. simple mistake
him:that ring cost me $6000!
u:well maybe if you got me the horse i wanted instead of the bulky rock this wouldnt have happened....you cant lose a horse!

bahahahahaha

Tianimalz 07-12-2012 12:49 AM

My boyfriend has already promised I'm getting proposed too with a mini pony with a halter that is printed "Will you marry me" on the noseband.

:rofl: MUCH better than a ring.

Skyseternalangel 07-12-2012 12:53 AM

I don't think jewelry is a good idea for horse people anyhow lol.. someone on here tattoo'd their SO's initial on their ring finger and I thought that was so much cuter and better in terms of reducing ring related accidents!