The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Well - I suppose I should do an introduction (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/well-i-suppose-i-should-do-130590/)

ArabBossMare 07-12-2012 03:17 PM

Well - I suppose I should do an introduction

Although I've been posting a lot and reading a ton more, I thought it might be time for an introduction :)

My name is Donna and I'm a transplant to Texas. I moved here about a year ago and have been trying to find local horses ever since. I grew up in Alabama and always had horses there and my stallion Jasoor and mare Rissala are both still there with my mother for the time being.

I grew up riding a walker/Arabian cross and truthfully did everything with that horse, he was awesome. When I got my first Arabian gelding though, my fate was sealed. I appreciate and love horses of all breeds, colors and variations however and have trained/ridden most breeds. I ride primarily english and love a good focus on dressage with a training horse because I think it prepares them for really anything you want to do with them down the road. I also love trail riding and look forward to getting my horses here to do some serious, longer distance trails.

I showed for years and have become somewhat burned out on that part of the horse world, though I won't rule out an occasional show when I do get mine moved.. I'm more competitive than I like to admit ;) Both of my daughters were really big into showing at one time and are both natural, elegant riders.

I am also a licensed technician for Kryo Kinetics USA and do freezemarking (different than freezebranding) in the Texas region as well as the Southeastern region for now. I also work full time so my trips have to be scheduled around my work schedule.

I look forward to meeting everyone. I'm currently on the hunt for some land in our area so I can get my horses moved finally and have them here with me. My youngest daughter still lives at home and is chafing at the bit to get back on and ride something, and I have to admit, this is the longest I've ever been without horses as well and I miss them horribly.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone and reading a bit more. Though I have to say that carrot bandit needs a good hangin' tree!!!

uflrh9y 07-12-2012 05:18 PM

Welcome. I'm a newbie here to the HF but so far everyone has been so nice and incredibly informative. I love the picture in your avatar.

ArabBossMare 07-12-2012 06:34 PM

Thanks! That's my stallion Jasoor when he was about 3 before he turned completely white :)

MHFoundation Quarters 07-12-2012 06:41 PM

Welcome to the forum!
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 07-13-2012 04:47 AM

Welcome :)

HorseLovinLady 07-14-2012 12:43 AM

Welcome to the forum!! What part of Alabama did you grow up in? I'm about 40-45 miles northwest of Birmingham.