The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/)
-   -   I need a horsey job near Dallas TX (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-jobs/i-need-horsey-job-near-dallas-130618/)

icreatedseth 07-12-2012 07:05 PM

I need a horsey job near Dallas TX

Hey everybody!

I live outside of Dallas TX and I am DYING to get into the equine field - and by this I mean quite literally, it is really starting to affect my state of mind being out of the loop. :(

I have looked all over the internet for things like "horse internship dallas" or "equine internship dallas" and "horse rescue dallas" for hours a day, and nothing even close to me pops up. It seems all the results are way too far away to drive there.

So here is my request. I was hoping some of you readers could suggest or point me toward some horsey facilities where I can volunteer and brush up on my skills so that I can be a functional horsewoman again. Or if you know someone who needs a hand, y'know.

Here is my experience:

• Marshal Creek Ranch (11 months full time, a couple years ago)(ended on bad terms with owner...)
6 days a week: 4 days feeding, 2 days trail riding (included grooming, saddling, unsaddling)
  • Remember Me Racehorse Rescue (a few weeks last summer)
one day a week: basically watching the girl do her chores and not helping at all :(
  • Storybook Ranch (a few months last summer)
one or two days a week: Grooming, saddling, bathing horses, beginning training

Any kind of apprenticeship would be amazing, too. I'm primarily focused on Western horses and I would give my left arm to become a horse trainer.

Thanks!

stormylass 07-13-2012 01:23 AM

what part of Dallas? I'm in southeast basically 20 and 635.

icreatedseth 07-13-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormylass (Post 1594961)
what part of Dallas? I'm in southeast basically 20 and 635.

North, by 35 and 121