The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Dropped iPod in water?? (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/dropped-ipod-water-130885/)

WesternBella 07-14-2012 08:06 PM

Dropped iPod in water??

If anyone ever drops a camera or iPod in water~remember this, because if you're fast enough...it will save your device!

I dropped my iPod in the toilet (don't ask..) and I quickly ran to put it in rice. It works!! And I'm using it to type this!! I'm so happy because my iPod is like my baby.

This unfortunately won't save your phones, but it will most likely save iPods/cameras.

:))))))
Posted via Mobile Device

LovesMyDunnBoy 07-14-2012 08:12 PM

It worked on my phone before!
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 07-14-2012 08:24 PM

I've tried it on both cell phones and Apple devices. It's worked on the cells for me, but never on iPods.

WesternBella 07-14-2012 09:52 PM

Really? That's odd, I've had lots of people tell me it didn't work for their phone. Guess it just depends on the severity of the water damage & type of phone.

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm just happy my iPod works!
Posted via Mobile Device

DancingArabian 07-14-2012 09:55 PM

Try more rice if it doesnt work and make sure the bag is tightly closed.

I've had it work for all sorts of little portable gadgets.

jinxremoving 07-15-2012 05:22 PM

Just throwing this out here, but if anyone else ever drops their phone or iPod in water turn it off immediately to prevent a short from occurring, if it hasn't already done so. Sticking it in a bowl of rice for a few days is one method you often hear of working, but I think it's more luck than anything. For every story you hear of someone having a device working after being submerged in water, there's probably 5 other people who haven't been as lucky. :(

WesternBella 07-15-2012 05:56 PM

Adding to what jinx said,

don't turn it on until it has been in rice for atleast a few days!
Posted via Mobile Device

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-15-2012 11:55 PM

Saved a few of my phones before (they weren't touchscreens, however, not sure if it'd work with them). I also collect those silicon bead packets from shoeboxes and stuff for this kind of thing, in case I don't have rice in the cupboard.

Edit: Oh yeah, and pull the battery out immediately after switching off. Water can damage the terminals and cause a leak.