The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Wanted- Reining/trail horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/wanted-reining-trail-horse-130923/)

SlideStop 07-15-2012 08:49 AM

Wanted- Reining/trail horse

Hiya,

I'm on the hunt for a "spare" horse for a friend of mine with MS. I ride the spare 99.9% of the time so I'm doing the shopping. Plus, she owes me for all the times her green horse dumped me! Just kidding =P anywho...

I'm looking for a reiner. My budget is capped at about 5-6,000. It could need finishing or a tune up, I don't mind. My trainer lived right down the road. Any training or tuning would be done by her or under her supervision. I would like to do local reining shows next summer, nothing crazy. Trail is a must. My friend would like to bring an occasional friend or family member out with her. She never goes faster then a walk. The "trails" are in a State park pretty much dedicated to horseback riding. They are all sand/dirt. We do see A LOT of deer and hikers. There is also a water crossing and a bridge crossing. Obviously I don't expect the horse to plop off the trailer and be 100% cool with the park, I'm willing to put in the miles.

I am willing to travel to look at the right horse!! =D
Posted via Mobile Device

pambeck 08-19-2013 12:55 PM

Hello,

If you are still looking please contact me I am very interested in talking with you. Pam beckmannbunch@yahoo.com

horseluver250 08-19-2013 03:05 PM

Where are you located? Just saw this horse in NJ QH gelding- NEEDS TO GO! Broke to death

SlideStop 08-21-2013 08:30 AM

He seem perfect! Unfortunately my friend ended up keeping the horse... Who still can't be ridden by anyone except people who are experienced. Oh well, she feeds 'um.
Posted via Mobile Device

ereopel 08-23-2013 06:20 PM

Reiner/trail horse - still looking?

Hi
I have just what you are looking for if you are still looking.
I have a 4 year old, trained as a reiner. He would make a very suitable horse from what you describe.
Please contact me if you want more information

SlideStop 08-23-2013 06:32 PM

I wish. She ended up keeping the other horse. Next time I'm looking will be in about 2 years when I graduate.
Posted via Mobile Device