The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Stories and Poems (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/)
-   -   Just a story I started writting! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/just-story-i-started-writting-130957/)

Shadow Puppet 07-15-2012 03:09 PM

Just a story I started writting!

Heres another story that I started writting, I have more and if you guys like I'll out more up!!!

Shadow and I turned towards the triple combination. There were only six jumps left after we took this. Shadow was going in a little fast so I half haulted her until she responded. Right now we were fighting for at least fifth place in the Junior Eventing Trials at the Mount Cape Springs Classic, the last major show of the season. We were in the last phase and so far we had been doing great. My coach Ashley had made the twenty four hour trip with me. My parents had to stay back due to expenses.
We thundered towards the first oxer, Shadow soared over it then took one tentative stride towards the double. At the last moment she decided not to jump it. Then she changed her mind and launched herself over it, throwing my seat out of balance. As quickly as it all happened the ground came faster. We both plummeted towards the frosty fall ground. We landed, but I felt Shadow rotating through the air. I looked up and watched as her hindquarters flew towards my helpless self.
A sickening crunch sounded through my entire body. Blood poured from my mouth. I was moving very fast across the ground and then all of a sudden with a jerk of my leg it all came to a stop. I lay flat on my back looking into the grey clouded sky. Cold rain fell chilling me right to the bone. I shivered uncontrollably. My whole body hurt so bad I couldn't think, I had no clue how bad it really was.
Screams and shouts aroused me from my blackness. I wished for the blackness back for it brought tranquility and peace. It was a pain free world. The one that at the same time scared me so badly. Ashley is standing over me, she has her warm hand on my shoulder. Her thick, warm, plaid barn jacket placed over my convulsing body. I ignored all pleads for me to stay awake and let my eyes do the thinking as I drifted away into the darkness of the unknown.
A steady beep brought me out of my unconscious state. About every two seconds a loud beep would go off somewhere behind me. Complete darkness filled the room except for a bronzed light shining in the through the window. I tried to move but it hurt to bad to even think about moving again. Where was I? Where were my parents? A cloudy dark figure appeared in the doorway. Light flooded in through behind them. First blinding me then only simply silhouetting the figure. Whoever it was, at first I thought they were a ghost or some sort of serial killer. In a half attempt to get up and run and yell for help. A sharp pain went right up my spine. Before I could do anything I burst into painful tears.

queenie112 08-03-2012 09:08 PM

wow thats really good what happens next? does shadow die?
Posted via Mobile Device

Shadow Puppet 08-05-2012 10:17 PM

I will put more up once I am on my computer and I find the time!!! (No Shadow doesn't die (:)

queenie112 08-06-2012 05:38 PM

ok thank you this is a really good story!!!

Shadow Puppet 08-06-2012 09:43 PM

I changed the name of the coach the name is Journey instead of Ashley now...

I added some more and toke some out so I out it up from the begginning I'll put more up if you like it :)

Shadow and I turned towads the triple combanation. There were only six jumps left after we took this. Shadow was going in a little fast so I half hauted her until she responded, her stride shortened, and slowed but she was still going confident. Right now we were fighting for at least fifth place in the Junior Eventing Trials at the Mount Cape Springs Classic, the last major show of the season. We were in the last phase, Show Jumping, and so far we had been doing great, not a rail down in sight. My coach Journey had made the twenty four hour trip with me. My parents had to stay back due to expenses.
We thundered across the muddy ground, towards the first oxer made of green and yellow poles, Shadow soared over it then took one tentitave stride towards the double. At the last moment she decided not to jump it. Then she changed her mind and launched herself over it, throwing my seat out of balance. As quickly as it all happened the cold, hard, wet ground came faster. We both plumated towards the frosty fall ground We landed, but I felt Shadow rotating through the air. I looked up and watched as her hinduarters flew towards my helpless self.
A sickining crunch sounded through my entire body. Blood poured from my mouth, the mud and water clung to my clothes. I was moving very fast across the wet ground and then all of a sudden with a jerk of my leg it all came to a stop. I lay flat on my back looking into the grey clouded sky, lying right in midst of a puddle. Cold rain fell chilling me right to the bone. I shivered uncontrollably. My whole body hurt so bad I couldn't think, I had no clue how bad it really was.
Screams and shouts aroused me from my blackness. I wished for the blackness back for it brought tranquility and peace. It was a pain free world. The one that at the same time scared me so badly. Journey is standing over me, she has her warm hand on my shoulder. Her thick, warm, plaid barn jacket placed over my convulsing body. I ignored all pleads for me to stay awake and let my eyes do the thinking as I drifted away into the darkness of the unknown.
Two people leaned over my broken body. A man and a woman, I could see the woman's mouth moving but all I could hear was the blood rushing in my ears, and the steady pound of my heart. Something cold was strapped around my neck holding striaght up. The man grabbed my ankles, while the woman, wearing a highlighter yellow coat grabbed my shoulders. The lifted me over onto a cold hard surface. Pain screamed from under me, from what I assumed was coming from my lower spine. I was suddenly lifted into the air, floating through it with no trouble at all. A hissing mask was put over my nose, causing my brething to level out. Someone was stroking my hair form beside me. My hand wrapped in someones warm grasp. I wanted to close my eyes and disapeer, the lady sitting beside me shone a light in both my eyes, prying each one open, like I couldn't feel a thing. I tried to raise my hand to stop her, but when I tried nothing happened.
In a state of hysteria I started to cry, unable to help myself I started thrashing around, ignoring the stabbing feeling that pulsated through my back. I tried to reach for the mask on my mouth, when my hand made contact I ripped it off gasping for air. I waved my arms around in a state of panick, not knowing what the world was throwing at me. There were two sets of arms holding me down, they were both to strong for me to even budge them. I felt a prck in my arm, after about ten seconds, I felt calm, like no one was doing any harm to me. I just stared blankly up at the celing, drifting away into nowhere. My eyes fluttered shut, all sound washed away from my ears, all I could sense was being pulled away from concsiouness, slowly, I closed my eyes, ending the terror rising in my stomach. At peace I fell into a dangerous sleep, where I reamained for quite some time.
A steady beep brought me out of my unconsious state. About every two seconds a loud beep would go off somewhere behind me. A steady tick of a clock echoed through the silence, every noise, every blink of any light was unbearable. Complete darkness filled the room exept for a bronzed light shining in the through the window. I tried to move but it hurt to bad to even think about moving again. Where was I? Where were my parents? A cloudy dark figure appeared in the doorway. Light flooded in through behind them. First blinding me then only simply silouetting the figure. Whoever it was, at first I thought they were a ghost or some sort of serial killer. In a half attempt to get up and run and yell for help. A sharp pain went right up my spine. Before I could do anything I burst into painful tears.
"Oh Kiddo." I heard Journey's voice reassure me with my familier nickname.
At the moment I couldn't respond as it hurt to bad for my mouth to move. I wished for the blackness, I willed for myself to return there to where I beleived I was safe, out of harms way. Where no one could feel no pain.
A light flicked on, which scared me even further. More tears let themsleves from my dry, hurting eyes. With each racking sob I let out into the empty room sharp pains shot through my spine. Journey's hand was on my shoulder faintly I could here her gentel voice talking to me. Someone else walked into the room after I heard a bell sound. The man came beside me unhooked something on my nearside then hung something else. Almost immediatly I felt sleepy. I let my heavy eyes close and away to peaceful darkness I returned.
"She fractured her lower spine. She, in some circumstances is lucky she's not paralyzed from the neck down."
"Will she have any permanent symtoms?" Journey's voice asked an umfamilier man's.
"She may have some loss of feeling at the very ends of her fingertips and toes, but broken bones don't leave nay pain if they heal porperly, which hers will."
"Oh, thank god. Will she ever ride again?"
"Oh yes, people recover from spine fractures all the time."
"But can she ride a horse? Their jarring gaits won't cause issues?"
"Not if her recovery goes according to plan."
"Thank you so much. I don't know what that girl would do without riding, it's her life."
"No problem ma'am."
In my sleepy state I didn't completly understand a word of their conversation. The few words I picked out were horse, ride, and time. I tried to reach out to them wishing for a cold drink of water. I opened my mouth to speak and as I started to make noise the muscles in my back tightened that same pain shot though my spine. I fought back the cries that were threatening to release themselves. Instead I tried to move my hand up, but something restrained it down. I panicked my muscles clenched and my eyes blurred over. I tried not to cry. I tried to stay tough, like I always did, but I had never felt so much pain in my whole life.
I felt sick, so sick that I threw up all over myself. The man's and Journey's head whipped around to me. Journey's face softned and the man rushed over. He pressed a button besdie me and I started sitting up. Ashley must have seen my face go ghost white as I'm sure it did, becuase this hurt more than anything.
"Whoa." Journey spoke firmly to the man almost like she would with a misbehaving horse.
My body started shaking with cries out of unbearable pain. My shoulders shook up and down. Noises came from deep within my throat.
"Shh Kiddo, take it easy. Can you get her someting?"
"Yes, I'll be right back."
"Hey Ty, I want you to talk to me okay?"
"It hurts." I managed to choke out.
"I know Kiddo."
“None of this makes sense."
“It will Ty Don't worry.”
The man came back with a fresh gown, a cup of water, and a medicine cup with purple liquid in it. First Journey helped me into the new gown then I had to drink the 'grape' flavoured liquid. But after the whole ordeal the ice cold water met my mouth the sweat from the plastic dripped onto my chest. It was so good, I could have drank the whole cup before the man pulled it away. If only the cold could come back, I was still so thirsty I wanted despratly for it back, anything to take this away. My eyes started to feel sleepy and every time I blinked they closed for longer and longer. The blackness was coming back, but his time it scared me. I didn't want to go. I didn't want my eyes to defeat me and lead me away from all human species. I wanted to stay in the presence of Journey and this young man. I knew Journey well but as for the young man I didn't even know his name. But he brought me the darkness. I suddnely hated this man but loved him at the same time. He brought all my pain and suffering away handed me the ticked to comfort. But he scared me so.
When I came to, it was dark once again. Thinking clear now, though, through a headache like I had never experienced before I figured it was probably nighttime where ever I was. I hadn't known how long I slept for or even where I was. This unknown frightened me. What if I was dead. Do you feel this level of pain when you are dead? Laying there, rotting in the ground. I was certainly laying down, flat. But where was I?

queenie112 08-09-2012 08:40 PM

Yes keep going! there's just a couple of grammatical issues like you used ashley once! but its really good!
Posted via Mobile Device

EmilyandJesse 08-17-2012 01:32 AM

Oooh. I like it. Please keep going!!! I really like your description. I couldnt imagine being in the main characters (Ty?) Position. You make this story so alive. :) Please keep going, I love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

horsecrazygirl 08-20-2012 08:45 PM

yes please keep going

Shadow Puppet 08-21-2012 06:09 PM

Okay heres more to it sorry for the long wait I've been bust at the barn! Don't be afraid to give lots of criticizem!

I tried to move anything an arm, a hand, or even a finger. I succeded, but not without great discomfort. Whenever I brought the thought of moving into my pounding head, a sharp pain shot right through my spine leving me without breath, without words, without thoughts, or the ability to break myself free of the chains of panick that were threatining to take hold of me and not let me go. I willed for someone to come into where ever I was. To tell me that I was alive, that everything was going to be okay. For the first time in my life I just wished to be wrapped in someone's warm, safe arms.
I strained myself to try and think of the last thing I remebered. I remebered everything up to loading Shadow into Journey's trailer, clipping her there then it all went blank. I tried so desratly to recal something else something that may give me a clue as to where I was. All it did was wear me out. I yawned, but snapped my mouth shut when the pain traveled directly up my spine. After I whimpered for a while I finally fell asleep. It was like silence was brought suddenly into the room as soon as my eyes shut.
"Ty, Ty wake up Kiddo."
I heard my name being called but, I didn't know where it was coming from. Against my will I started waking. I despratly tried to stay asleep as you would when you were trying to hold onto a good dream. I clenched my eyes shut tight before I opened them. A soft glow floated through the room. Light streamed in through the window. I heard raindrops pelting the glass.
"Ty, you need to wake for me Chum."
I looked up right into Journey's soft brown eyes. I realized how cold I was and tried to pull the blanket up further over my shivering body.
"I'm cold." I croaked, my throat raspy and dry.
Journey pulled the blanket up to my neck and then walked over to a cupboard and pulled another blanket out. she placed in gentally over my body.
"Can I sit up?"
"Just a little bit, but I guess so." She pressed a button and immediatly I started to move upward. My upper body came forward so I was in a layed back at a forty five degree angle.
All the blood rushed from my head, the whole world revolved around me. I closed my eyes and slowly opened them again. This time I only saw three of everything. After a few seconds everything came into focus.
"Where am I? And how did I get here?"
"Well you and Shadow had a fall at the Mountain Cape Show, and you fractured your lower spine. You bruised your hips and chipped one of your teeth. You also have three stitches in you top lip. You're in the hospital Ty."
So that explained it all. Still in a dazy state I tried to make sense of what Ash just told me. "What do you mean we fell?" I asked as Ashley handed me a cup of water. It was very cold. It soothed my throat instantly.
"Shadow tripped going over a jump and she fell on top of you."
"Is she okay?"
"Yes she is fine, your rein broke, but other than that she didn't even seemed phased by it."
"Where's my mom and dad?"
"They couldn't make the trip. There was a tornado back home and all the airports and highways are closed. They are trying their best to get here but it doesn't look like it will be easy."
"Are they okay?"
"Yes, they are all fine."
"It hurts." I wailed.
"We can call a nurse and see if they can bring some medication." She picked up a small controller looking thing with a red button on top. She pressed the button, I heard a bell go off, the about five minutes later a nurse walked in.
"So what seems to be the problem here?" The nurse asked snootily
"I think her pain meds are wearing off. Can she have more, or is it too soon?" Journey asked in her usual calm tone.
"I'll just get her Doctor to come bring more, I'm not aware of what she is getting."
"She's a nice lady isn't she?" Journey asked sacastically after she left.
Minutes later a young man walked into the room. He was incredibly tall and freakishly skinny. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. Personally I didn't trust someone, perhaps, so young and green looking.
"Well young lady it's nice to see you finally decided to join us." He laughed.
I didn't find it much worth laughing about, but I guess he was probably used to trying to cheer up little kids.
"Your meds wearing off Dear?"
"Yes.”
"Well you seem pretty calm about it, most girls your age would be hysterical right now, probably mostly out of self pity." He said with a chuckle.
"Well she is pretty tough." Journey laughed back.
"I definatly have no doubt about that. Okay so do you want drowsy or non-drowsy?"
"Non-drowsy please, I've slept for too long."
"Thats means it has to in by IV. Are you okay with that?"
"Anything."
The Doctor walked out and came back with a petite red headed nurse. Her long stright hair pulled back into a pony tail. She was carrying three small packages and a small bucket.
"Ty, this is your nurse, AJ, AJ this is Ty she was in a horseback riding accident.:
Nothing erked me more than when people called it horseback riding, it's just riding.
"Hello." She smiled.
I smiled but I didn't speak, hospitals scared me and so did the people in them. I still wasn't so sure about the Dr. Halleren guy.
"Okay Kiddo," She started.
I hated it when other people other than Journey called me Kiddo, not even my own parents could call me that.
"I am going to insert this into your arm then I'm to take this cover off so only a plastic tube is actually inside you." She washed her hands then put of a pair of blue latex gloves.
"Okay Ty look at me." Dr. Halleren said as AJ prepared to put in the needle.
"I don't mind needles." I snapped.
There was a small pinch then it was all over. The really freaky part was feeling the outer part of the IV slipping slowly out of my skin. Compared to how much every thing else hurt I didn't even flinch at the needle. I guess I surprised everyone again.
"I am also going to reset the bone in your other arm then cast it."
"What does that mean?"
"You broke your arm quite badly and I need to put the bone back in place by pressing very hard and fast directly on the break."
Truthfully, this scared me. With the amount of pain in my back, and it was ony fractured, how much would this hurt? I filled with instantly with pure, burning rage. Why did this have to happen? This never happened to you. It was always just someone else, it wasn't supposed to actually happen to you! If had the ability I would have hit the bed or whatever or whoever was in my range.
"Okay, I need you flat on your back, with you arm held out to the side at a ninty degree angle."
The bed started to slowly level out, for as long as it was moving I could feel peices of my spine grinding together. I felt the blood rush from my face and the world started to spin. "Whoa whoa whoa, stop." I cried. As the nurse made Journey and the Doctor leave before she start the procdure I was along in the room crying my eyes out with a stranger. AJ reached out to comfort me with touch. I told her to stop, out of my great dislike of physical contact with other people.
"I'm sorry." She said taken aback by my refusal.
This time she lowered me slower careful not to grind up my back again. When I was completly flat I slowly, and carefully moved my right arm out to the side. I was hesitant not to move to fast in order to not upset my back. It was pure agony to hold my arm the way AJ wanted it, but not the one to give into pain I kept it there through gritted teeth.
“So do you play any sports?”
“I don't play my sport. I ride it.” I recited my favourite saying as though it were a normal response to this sort of thing.
“What do you mean, horseback riding isn't a sport.”
That infuriated me more than anything. To exhasted, to much in pain, AJ got off lucky to not recive my full lecture. Instead I came up with what I thought to be a pretty spectacular explantion. I right then and there deemed myself a pure genious.
“Have you ever had someone with such severe injuries as mine from a golfing, tennis, or basketball accident.”
Her bewidled expression said it all. She sat there and pondered for a meer three seconds then awkwardly went back to positioning my arm. As I tried my hardest to wipe the smug smile off my face.
“What's your favourite animal?” She asked, by what I could tell, she was simply trying to distract me from what she was about to do with my arm.
“All this distraction stuff, that you guys seem to try so hard at is completly transparent.” I snapped. “I'm not a little kid anymore, and my favourite animal is a horse.”
I felt a sickening grind in my arm, followed by stabbing pain. Which I presume was her reseting the bone. It throbbed with such force I was surprised not one person could hear the pounding I was feeling. I scolded at myself to let the distraction tatic work so well on me. She resumed to wrapping my arm in layers of cotton and gauze type material.
“What colour would you like on the outside?” She asked gingerily, careful not to push my buttons.
I wasn't meaning to come off so cold, and suddenly I was very dissapointed, basically embarresed at myself for acting the way I had. I felt a lump in my throat, which was weird because I barely cried. All of a sudden I went into a complete break down.
“I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm sorry.” I cried. Staring up at the ceiling I didn't have the nerve to look at AJ through my shame. “I'm really really sorry.”
“Ty, it's okay, I didn't take it personally, your friend told me you were never like this, that you were just hurting.”
“I'm still sorry that's no excuse.”
“It's fine, I promise. Now, what colour would you like?”
“Do you have blue?” I sniffed
“Yes, dark, light, or a sky blue?”
“Sky blue please.”
After my arm was delt with Journey was allowed back in the room. I was glad she came in when she did to rescue me from the tension I felt when I was alone with people I didn't know.
“You're pretty fancy there Kiddo.” Journey laughed.
“Can I have on some normal clothes Joureny?”
“I can run back to my room and get some for you, how's that for a plan?”
“Good, are you staying in a hotel?”
“No the hospital has me a room.”
When Journey was gone it was just me. All alone, left here staring at the same crack in the ceiling that some what resembled a horse in the middle of a piaffe. I watched as the ceiling above my head transformed into wild horses galloping across a green feild. A light snow fell casting a grey mood in my imagination. The horses were so free, worry free. Just galloping for as long as they wish, with no barriers containing them. They gave the occasional buck, or one would reach over and nip at the haunches of the horse beside them. It was so real I swear I could here the steady beat of their hooves. Sounding the beat to which my heart sang in the pure, strong love for horses.

donovan 08-24-2012 12:00 AM

next please :D im loving it