The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I just got to let it out (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-just-got-let-out-13107/)

Brandon 08-10-2008 08:59 PM

I just got to let it out

Alright guys this is somethin that has been weighin on my mind for some time now....

OK well this girl I met from Bible study text me and basically asked me if i would ever date her. I told her "yes but right now i am not ready".. However i don't really have feelins for this girl, but i have been debatin wether i will ever find feelins for any girl..

You see my last relationship ended bad and i got hurt (deeper than i thought), and now every girl that comes along i just can't seem to open myself up.. I mean i have no trouble at all talkin to girls but when that girl likes me or vis versa... i just begin to have a ton of doubts... then i just close myself... i quess i just dont see a girl really carin for me..

Idk.. i quess one of my big fears is that i wont find a girl because i always close myself...

Its kinda like a trust issue... and just bein friends is alright but what then..

I know i should be patient, and i know I am still young... but i have yet to find a girl that really likes me for me... I mean i know i aint prince charmin on a white horse, but atleast i am a good guy..

ugh its just hard to explain.. i am just SO confused. I am just affraid i have taken it solo for so long, i dont know nothin else..

thanks for readin and tell me what you think.

Salty_alydaR 08-10-2008 09:06 PM

hmm..seems like you got a lot on your plate..

i'd probebly say you shouldn't date until you're ready again..
if its trust and opening up issues that you have then, try opening up to this girl and tell her why you aren't ready to date just yet

and try opening up to your other friends or to someone you trust to make it easier

from the looks of it, you have no trouble opening up on HF and i think thats a pretty good start!

GOOD LUCK :D

Pinto Pony 08-10-2008 09:14 PM

I think when you meet the special girl you have been waiting for you won't need to worry about opening up because you won't have doubts. You will just know when the time is right. As for now, making friends and spending time with them whether they are male or female and being truthful and open with them is all you need to worry about :) Having a relationship end bad and you getting hurt is all a part of the lesson of life :) You only come out stronger and more knowledgeable, you now know even more what you are searching for :)

Brandon 08-10-2008 09:21 PM

Yea.. its just on my mind, because i want to find that girl.. i want to open up... i want to have those feelins.. but every girl i have met so far, i just dont have feelins for........ and its just buggin me.. i mean the girls i like dont like me and the girls i dont really like, like me.

its just all so confusin..

I just feel that i AM ready, but i just havn't found that special girl yet.. and i just fear i wont ever find her i quess... sillly i know, but i just worry.. I mean, takin it solo has its pros and cons but... nothin beats the love of a women

Salty_alydaR 08-10-2008 09:26 PM

oh, you can also write your thoughts in a journal. it helped me a lot after my parentals got divorced.

besides, you've got your whole life ahead of you! the right girl is out there for you. you two just may not be ready for eachother yet.

good things come to those who wait :D

Brandon 08-10-2008 09:31 PM

^i know.. i just hope all my waitin is worth it in the end.. you know?

farmpony84 08-10-2008 09:32 PM

You won't "find" that girl... She'll find you, at least, that's how it worked for me. When the right person comes, it'll just happen. As for the girl in bible study, why don't you go out w/ her a few times? I don't mean GO OUT WITH HER, but ... take her on a few dates, tell her you really don't know if you are ready to get serious, but that if she wants to go out, you are in, but don't lead her on, let her know that there are no promises. I figure worse case, you'll end up with a really good friend....

mlkarel2010 08-10-2008 09:34 PM

Sounds just like me :wink:

I've said it before to you, but I'll say it again. Sometimes the best things come when you aren't even looking for them.

Just enjoy college and everything you're doing now and one day you'll just meet that girl and you'll know it. Give it time because being single is better than being stuck in a pointless relationship. Trust me!

Play it cool 8) and be yourself. No one likes a poser!

I'm sure you'll find a cowgirl that will go crazy for you! I have NO DOUBT WHAT-SO-EVER!

Brandon 08-10-2008 09:36 PM

Thanks guys your advice is helpin :)

Salty_alydaR 08-10-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon
^i know.. i just hope all my waitin is worth it in the end.. you know?

oh i'm sure it will be :wink: