The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Why I Love Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/why-i-love-horses-131128/)

Horses4Healing 07-16-2012 09:19 PM

Why I Love Horses

The reason that I love horse is very simple. So many people, both horse lovers and not, do not give these beautiful creatures the credit that they deserve. And every horse has so much potential. They are capable of mentally healing us as humans and have been used by mankind for all sorts of things that they were not meant to do, yet they still care to comfort us when they know that we are feeling down. Some of the world’s best healers were average horses that seemed to know exactly what we needed and when we needed it.

On the other side of the horse’s capabilities is what they are physically capable of. The average horse in the world carries men and women around for pleasure and sport. Still not complaining, the horse is asked to do things that nature did not intend them to do. Like Piaffe, an advanced dressage movement. What would a horse out in the wild do with the knowledge of Grand Prix Dressage? People seem to train horses to high levels of discipline for any reason, ranging from boredom to money to, “it looks pretty”.

But no matter what you are using your horse for, I will promote that you keep using said horse. Think about all the domestic horse’s in today’s world that, if set free, would suffer and finally die. It is sad to think about, but it is the truth. Horses have adapted to the human’s idea of what a horse is for. So by spreading the idea of horse’s capabilities it will give each and every horse a job to call its own.

So in the end, horses are a great and beautiful creature put on this world not for people’s enjoyment. But most people seem to think so, and so they use them how they please. No horse has ever truly complained about what man has been and is doing to it. A buck or a rear here and there means that they just don’t understand what’s going on, but they never complain. This is why I love horses, and why I will continue to love horses for the rest of my life.

Why do you love horses?