The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   Reining prospect? what do you think... (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/reining-prospect-what-do-you-think-131159/)

ilostmyzipper 07-17-2012 01:11 AM

Reining prospect? what do you think...

5 Attachment(s)
I wanted to see what you guy's thought about what talents he may hold. I bought him at 1 week old from the breeders. He has double zippo pine bar blood in him and Reed and POCCO. I want to rein with him, but not sure what he will be good at. Right now he is now 3 months old and i think he looks butt high. lol...but obviously he is growing alot. What do you guy's think of him?

franknbeans 07-17-2012 05:52 AM

Please see my other post under the OTHER thread you just started. This guy is TOO YOUNG to know what he may do. Please wait a while before starting yet another thread about him. THere are at least 8 others. UGH!

SlideStop 07-17-2012 02:52 PM

He could be bred to the 9's for reining.... Doesn't mean squat. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 07-17-2012 03:00 PM

I was scrolling through and thinking, "This horse looks awfully familiar...." and then I realized it's because there's a ton of threads asking about this baby's potential at this or that. You would get a lot more helpful responses if you a.) waited a few years and b.) made one thread where you ask what he would excel in.

franknbeans 07-17-2012 04:09 PM

Oh and he will be butt high for a while....like years. ;-)

nrhareiner 07-17-2012 05:24 PM

You can tell at a young age if they will make a reiner or at least have a good chance but not from pictures. I have a 2 month old colt that one is bred to be a reiner reined cow horse and I can tell he will be a very nice prospect past his breeding. I can watch him move and tell. It is much easier to tell if you know what you are looking for and look at the horse in person or at the very least in a video.