The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   what do you think about this colt? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/what-do-you-think-about-colt-131162/)

ilostmyzipper 07-17-2012 01:31 AM

what do you think about this colt?

6 Attachment(s)
I just bought my colt and planning to start showing him here in oregon. He is double registered zippo pine bar blood, Joe Reed, and POCCO. My trainer thinks he will do well in Western pleasure, but i kinda want to try some reining with him too. What do you think? I hope he does well in the shows. He is now 3 months old.

paintedpastures 07-17-2012 01:48 AM

A cute baby:-) but hard to tell at this age especially with just random snapshots no conformation type pics.You will have a better idea as he get older & can watch him play ,see his movement & disposition.Guesses at what he might be good at, would be just that guesses, at this point.:-(

franknbeans 07-17-2012 05:47 AM

Not to be rude, but is there any reason why you need to start yet another thread using the same pics about this colt? There are at least 8 others, many of which say the same thing. He is young. Perhaps wait a bit, get new pics and try again.

Tianimalz 07-17-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 1601520)
Not to be rude, but is there any reason why you need to start yet another thread using the same pics about this colt? There are at least 8 others, many of which say the same thing. He is young. Perhaps wait a bit, get new pics and try again.

Maybe OP is just SUPER SUPER OVERLY excited? :rofl: I thought you were exaggerating, Frankn, so I looked at the OP's recent threads and now apologize for doubting you :shock:

TimberRidgeRanch 07-17-2012 03:56 PM

Okay correct me if Im wrong lol I do know Zippo is a QH line correct? But why does the last photo at the bottom look to me like a Arabian foal? Thats one heck of a dished ,or am I having a bad day lol.

TRR

Kayella 07-17-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 1601520)

I was thinking the exact same thing... :think:

SorrelHorse 07-17-2012 04:02 PM

You're having a bad day Timber :lol:

Arabs don't have a butt like that either :rofl:

franknbeans 07-17-2012 04:07 PM

Oh and I believe it is POCO, not POCCO?

HezaSunnyDudeAPHA 07-19-2012 05:54 PM

I like the overall look of him. Has a nice hip and shoulder on him. I think its to early to tell what he will be good at yet. I would wait till he grows and fills out more. How tall is his dam and sire?