The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   YEEE!! desert tomorrow! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/yeee-desert-tomorrow-13121/)

Salty_alydaR 08-11-2008 02:26 AM

YEEE!! desert tomorrow!

my dad, my sis and i are going to the desert tomorrow to watch the meteor shower

but first we are going on a hike to look for geocaches(they're kind of like little treasures hidden by people)

and we are taking my uncle's truck and sleeping in the bed.

its going to be soo hot! 90 degrees at night :shock:

but i'm super excited :D

Rachluvshorses4eva 08-11-2008 04:06 AM

Cool! :D Have heaps of fun! Say 'hi' to the sun for me. I haven't seen it in a while. It's miserable Winter down here! :D

TaMMa89 08-11-2008 06:09 AM

Wow. Sounds funny :).

Salty_alydaR 08-11-2008 10:56 AM

i'll take pics of the shower and post them on here

Rachluveshorses4eva, i'll take a pic of the sun for you :D

hotreddun 08-11-2008 12:13 PM

my husband and I used to do geocaching!

PoptartShop 08-11-2008 12:42 PM

Aw that sounds awesome, have fun! :)

GeminiJumper 08-11-2008 01:52 PM

ooooo!! That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Salty_alydaR 08-11-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreddun

really?? cause my dad said theres one near our house called Lamb Vomit :shock:

what am i looking for??

Pinto Pony 08-11-2008 07:29 PM

Sounds fun! Are you going to share photos???I am interested to see what geocaching is??

hotreddun 08-12-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty_alydaR
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreddun

really?? cause my dad said theres one near our house called Lamb Vomit :shock:

what am i looking for??

Well you follow clues that are on the geocaching website...and you can get gps coordinates to help you out...and you search around and will find a little container or something full of trinkets and junk that other geocachers have put in. Then you put something in...sign the log (piece of paper in the container) and take and object out. Then you can take that object and move it to your next geocache. Then you get back on the website and you can see who else has found that geocache...and track a certain objects movements around the country. Its kind of nerdy...honestly...but it makes long road trips interesting. Every time my husband and I took a road trip we would search for a geocache every few hours to stretch our legs. We found this dragon key chain one time that had been to 4 or 5 states and had been "travelling" for over 2 years.