The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Does anyone know this mini mare? (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/does-anyone-know-mini-mare-131361/)

lexischase 07-18-2012 04:20 PM

Does anyone know this mini mare?

4 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone!

I just recently rescued a miniature mare, but know nothing about her past! She is a dun about 3 or 4 years old with very unique facial markings. I believe she was run through an auction if not several before I rescued her. I have had her a little over a week now! I was told she is most likely in foal to a shetland or pinto mini. I would love to find out about her past, she could possibly be registered and I just have no clue! I will post photos with this, and if anyone has ever seen her before or may have any info at all about her past, please let me know! Pictures are not the best, but you can see her markings! Thanks so much :D

Nokotaheaven 07-18-2012 05:26 PM

I do not know your mini sorry. She is really cute though! And with her face marking the way it is, it looks to me like maybe she has a badger face?

lexischase 07-18-2012 05:27 PM

Thanks! What exactly is a badger face? I just uploaded new photos which are must better, but not sure how to get them on here!

Nokotaheaven 07-18-2012 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexischase (Post 1604254)
Thanks! What exactly is a badger face? I just uploaded new photos which are must better, but not sure how to get them on here!

Haha okay. When you post on here, u can go to advanced, and click on the pin thing beside the smiley face icon. it will allow you to upload photos. and a badger face is where the horse basically seems to have a brown face marking over a white one. here's an example. I've also seen them on paints.
Attachment 107036

lexischase 07-18-2012 05:35 PM

Do you know this mini mare? *more photos

4 Attachment(s)
Better photos of her very unique face markings!

FeatheredFeet 07-18-2012 05:47 PM

Join and ask on the Li'l Beginnings Mini forum. Possibly someone there might know. They have hundreds of Mini owners and breeders, who regularly look in.

Lizzie

lexischase 07-18-2012 05:49 PM

Hi Lizzie! I created an account about 5 days ago! But for some reason cannot post or even reply to a post on miniaturehorsetalk.com Any idea why that may be?

Thanks so much!

Cacowgirl 07-18-2012 06:07 PM

What a pretty little mare. Any luck yet on finding out anything?

lexischase 07-18-2012 06:09 PM

Thanks Cacowgirl :) Nothing yet! But I have hope! I think she is in foal to a pinto, so I'm thinking she will have a beautiful foal!

themacpack 07-18-2012 06:11 PM

The good news is that she does have some pretty unique markings on her face - I hope you find someone who knows her (and definitely agree about Lil Beginnings)