The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   It finally rained! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/finally-rained-131515/)

MHFoundation Quarters 07-19-2012 12:54 PM

It finally rained!

2 Attachment(s)
What a relief! We got the first real rain of the summer. A little better than a half inch last night and almost an inch today. Looks like we are going to get another round of storms this afternoon.

The horses were all glad to stand out in it, I was content listening to the rain on the barn roof and my kiddo, well you can see what she thought of the rain :D The little ditch that is for runoff filled up and she had a blast.
(the dead brown stripes are where the fingers of our septic are located, DH used his bucket truck and took an aerial picture so we know exactly where they are in the future)
Attachment 107127

Attachment 107128

FlyGap 07-19-2012 12:58 PM

28 Attachment(s)
CONGRATS!!!!
If it rained that much here I'd be out there with her, and so would E!

MHFoundation Quarters 07-19-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks Fly! We'll do a rain dance for you too :)

Speed Racer 07-19-2012 01:09 PM

It's not the rain I mind, it's the horrendous lightning and wind that comes with the storms this year! :shock:

We've had some doozies, especially since it's been in the high 90s-low 100s for about a month, and thunderstorms always form when the weather's hot.

Glad to hear you got some much needed rain MHF, but I'm rather twitchy about the storms that bring it! :-x

CLaPorte432 07-19-2012 01:15 PM

893 Attachment(s)
I know! Im sooooooo happy! We arent too far north of you and i was so happy to hear it rain. We actually have some wet ground! (Rain would evaporate as soon as it hit it and wasnt soaking in)

Happy dance!
Posted via Mobile Device

texasgal 07-19-2012 01:17 PM

Yay for the rain! Droughts are scary...

kitten_Val 07-19-2012 01:28 PM

We were supposed to have "heavy storms" yesterday.... If some drizzling could be called "heavy"....

Hopefully some will come as MD is several inches under the average this year. :(

Lis 07-19-2012 01:34 PM

You can all have some of our rain, not had a dry day yet this month. I'm beginning to grow gills. But it means we've had what would have been a good crop wasted because the machinery can't get out onto the fields.

MHFoundation Quarters 07-19-2012 01:39 PM

SR, We lucked out with this round - no lightning, just good ol' rain. I have to admit though I love a good thunderstorm, that's when I get my best sleep.

I fear it's too late to do the crops any good but greener pastures & happy hay fields would be fantastic.

We'll keep dancing here, in hopes of rain for everyone that needs it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 07-19-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1605546)
SR, We lucked out with this round - no lightning, just good ol' rain. I have to admit though I love a good thunderstorm, that's when I get my best sleep.

I USED to like thunderstorms, but that was before the derecho came through Virginia, and we had several more extremely severe storms that caused major damage. :evil:

People here were without power for a week, with temps in the low 100s.

So yeah, any storm with high wind and lightning is NOT something I look forward to now! :-x