The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Harley's tail is so short!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/harleys-tail-so-short-13158/)

Harley's mom 08-11-2008 08:32 PM

Harley's tail is so short!!

I want it to grow, and grow QUICKLY!! Will it grow faster if I braid it (after fly season, of course), or would it be better to buy the Mane and Tail Growth? Which will work quicker, and how quickly should I expect it to grow? Like an inch a month, or what?

PoptartShop 08-11-2008 10:20 PM

I think you should try the MTG. :D It works wonders!

Solon 08-11-2008 10:22 PM

I've heard braiding breaks the hair a lot faster. I know it does with braiding the mane.

Good luck and whatever you find that works, let us know.

iridehorses 08-12-2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoptartShop
I think you should try the MTG. :D It works wonders!

I second that.

NorthernMama 08-12-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon
I've heard braiding breaks the hair a lot faster. I know it does with braiding the mane.

I've heard that too and noticed it with my own hair. You could try just wrapping later instead of braiding.

Harley's mom 08-13-2008 07:03 AM

Ok, so if I use the MTG, how much does it grow? Just on average? LIke an inch a month? Or will it take a year????

I'd like his tail to grow about 6 - 8 inches.

Harley's mom 08-20-2008 10:16 PM

Ok, I just ordered MTG online. I couldn't find it in either tack shop in town, so I just ordered it. It was "Shapely" brand, I believe. Hope that's a good brand. Anyway, I can't wait to get it and see if it really works. I want his tail to be really long and thick by next spring. And his mane. He's a huge (muscular) horse, so he just looks ill-proportioned with a short tail and mane.

PoptartShop 08-21-2008 06:00 AM

Good good! MTG is good stuff- keep us posted! :D

iheartcloudnine 08-21-2008 11:03 AM

Yep, Shapley's MTG is the way to go. I know on the back of the bottle it says it can have up to three inches in hair growth in just one month. I am pretty sure you apply it once a week, that is what I do and Cloe's (my mare) mane has definitely grown!

Harley's mom 08-24-2008 09:38 AM

Up to 3 inches in 1 month??? WOW!!! I can only hope that's what happens.

As soon as it comes in, he's getting a bath and I'm going to start using it.

I thought it was going to be expensive. But I ordered it online for $14.00. Shipping was $7, but still, I thought I would have to pay $30+ just for the product.

Anyway, I'll let y'all know if it works miracles!!