The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   "Bareback" saddle and future options? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/bareback-saddle-future-options-131586/)

Reno Bay 07-19-2012 09:38 PM

"Bareback" saddle and future options?

Tough-1 Square Bareback Trail Soft Saddle

I'm mainly wondering if anyone here has used the above product and if it is any good. I've gotten mixed reviews from friends on an equine game. I know State Line isn't the best place to go to (I don't trust anything that's been in a Petsmart), but it would be mostly temporary.

My boy is four years old and is still filling out, so I don't want to buy a saddle that he will "outgrow" and just have to keep shelling out money whenever an old one doesn't fit...so I figured something like this product would be a nice thing to have if I can't find anything that can be modified as he grows.

As for actual saddles we will be doing dressage, all-around riding, and possibly jumping (if his ooooooooold injury is cleared). Would an all-purpose be fitting while he's still training or would it be best for me to just get separate saddles for each discipline? Also what brands would you recommend? I've heard yays and nays regarding Wintec...

(not that it matters much, but he's a 15.something Thoroughbred)

DancingArabian 07-20-2012 08:23 AM

I've heard nothing good about that saddle/pad.

Why not try a treeless saddle? It will change to his shape. You can get models for the flat, trails, jumping or gaming or whatever else.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reno Bay 07-20-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingArabian (Post 1607017)
I've heard nothing good about that saddle/pad.

Why not try a treeless saddle? It will change to his shape. You can get models for the flat, trails, jumping or gaming or whatever else.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I was looking at the reviews...which are ridiculous. They give the thing four out of five stars and then go on to say that such-and-such part ripped off/wasn't in the right place/etc.

Hm, treeless. Are there any particular ones that you'd be able to direct me to? :D

tinyliny 07-20-2012 10:38 PM

I see a lot of folks use the Bob Marshall treeless western saddle.