The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   Irish sport horse (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/irish-sport-horse-131617/)

tinyliny 07-20-2012 02:55 AM

Irish sport horse

6 Attachment(s)
this is my friend's horse. He is an Irish Sport horse. So, he is Irish Draught and Thoroughbred cross. What do you think of him?
I guess, I am asking for a confo critique, though I know the photos aren't so great.

Attachment 107218

Attachment 107219

Attachment 107220

Attachment 107221

Attachment 107222

I was alone and found it surprisingly hard to get him to square up perfectly, and could not do a rear shot at all cause of his tail being in the way. I am not asking for a serious confo crititque. IT would n't matter.
I think he is outstanding and love him like crazy, so really just wanted to share him.

He had his feet trimmed today and the crack in the front left turned out to be because of a small abcess that blew out . So got that cut out/open and so he needs some soaking time and no riding for a bit.

His big head is so endearing. HIs eyes look like the beady black eyes of a stuffed animal, don't you think?
Attachment 107223

SorrelHorse 07-20-2012 03:11 AM

I'm no good at confo but....

SQUEE!! Tiny, I MUST have him. :lol: I just want to hug him and squish him and kiss his big nose!

*cough* I might just have the teensiest soft spot for drafts and draft crosses.....:oops:

Saranda 07-20-2012 03:12 AM

His conformation looks very much like that of Latvian Carriage horses - this breed, too, was created as a mix of Latvian Drafts and different European Warmbloods. The heavier type of it is Carriage horses, and the ligher - riding or sports horses. So I'm used to this as a good, sturdy build and nice all-round horses. He actually looks a lot like my horse, so I'm maybe no help with smart critique, but I like him. :)

tinyliny 07-20-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorrelHorse (Post 1606820)
I'm no good at confo but....

SQUEE!! Tiny, I MUST have him. :lol: I just want to hug him and squish him and kiss his big nose!

*cough* I might just have the teensiest soft spot for drafts and draft crosses.....:oops:

Sorrel,
That's how I feel about him. The more I ride him, the more I have come to adore him!! He has the sweetest personality. He is Mr. Nice. SEriously. and so willing and so light, it's amazing. he goes forward with a whisper of a leg, though stopping isn't that light.

I wish his feet weren't all sore now. I want to ride him so bad!

Skyseternalangel 07-20-2012 05:10 AM

Adore him

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-20-2012 05:23 AM

Nice! Very typical and a lovely face! Can't see any glaring problems. Might steal him off you!
Posted via Mobile Device