The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Runny?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/runny-131736/)

iamanequestrian 07-21-2012 09:47 AM

Runny?!

Hello everybody. I have been worried about my pony a lot lately (probably over worrying by a lot). I went out this morning to feed and turn out and she had runny poop last night! I have owned this pony for almost five years and have never seem her poop this runny. I am giving a lesson on her today. She seems normal attitude wise. Her coat and everything are healthy. We rode pretty hard last night preparing for our show tommarow. She drank 5 gallons of water in her stall last night. I would like to know if I should ride her today? (Lessons aren't even work. Just walking for maybe a half hour) I am going to give her a linament bath after the lessons becuase she seems a tiny bit sore to me and I do NOT want that before a show. Especially when we will be jumping (for the first time in the show ring). She does not seem irratable. Should I even bother going to the show. I don't want to get a bad impression on the crowd because of her feces. I am really worried about her. She is probably fine, it could be way worse. I just love her a lot. Thank you guys. It means a lot.

Saddlebag 07-21-2012 11:30 AM

Has she been on pasture recently? Some weeds can cause this, one of them is the prickly thistle which horses seem to eat like candy. Those cause cow flops.

iamanequestrian 07-21-2012 06:24 PM

Maybe, I will re-check her pasture. That could be.

mselizabeth 07-21-2012 06:58 PM

Could just be stress. My boy had the runs when he moved stables.

Do you usually work her that hard?

iamanequestrian 07-21-2012 10:20 PM

I ride about 4 or 5 days per week. About 2 or 3 of these days are continous hard sweaty work and the other couple days is trail rides and fun stuff.