The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Illustrated (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-illustrated-13200/)

Small_Town_Girl 08-12-2008 03:28 PM

Horse Illustrated

Anyone else pick the magazine up or subscribe to it? I love it,
it's always got great tips in it and is a very interesting read.
My husband has a free subscription to it, so we are so excited
when the new magazine comes in each month.

I just submitted a picture of Chava to put in the magazine in
the "In Focus," column, maybe she'll be a star! 8) :D

FutureVetGirl 08-12-2008 03:45 PM

To subscribe way out here would cost a fortune, so when I'm in the States, I like to go to Half-Price books and pick up a ton (my mom says no more than two or three... urgh) of the back issues. I can usually get around five or six for the same price I would pay if I had bought them at Wal-Mart or something. So... good deal, and... I could care less if it's a month or two old... :P

Remali 08-12-2008 03:50 PM

I've been buying it off and on for years, and this week I finally sent in my subscription to it, I love the magazine!

PoptartShop 08-12-2008 04:07 PM

I love that magazine- I've been subscribing for awhile now. It's really good & very helpful.
I like how in each issue they have an article on a different breed/horses. & a cute poster to go along with it. :)

FutureVetGirl 08-12-2008 04:21 PM

Haha... when I look through my posters, the bulk of them either come from old calandars, or from HI. :D

Small_Town_Girl 08-12-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoptartShop
a cute poster to go along with it. :)

I have the posters from the magazine plastered all over the walls, lol!

amightytarzan5 08-12-2008 04:47 PM

I love HI! I'm might submit an HI profile thing. Let's see if I get in there!

My mom won't let me put horse posters on my wall, so they are covering the back of my door where she doesn't have to see them!

PoptartShop 08-12-2008 05:25 PM

LOL same here!! :lol: I have soo many on my walls.
I have non-sticky tape (it's made for posters) soo it never messes up the paint.

Kentucky 08-12-2008 11:51 PM

That is not my favorite magazine. If you don't show horses that magazine don't have much of intrust to me at least. The monthly breed profile was excellent. I bought a long subscription through a telemarketing company with so much going to such and such charity. The magazine is English centric, a major minus to me. But that magazine is there I go the idea for the thread "Getting more guy into riding" But if you like it enjoy but for me Western Horseman is a much better magazine

geewillikers 08-13-2008 12:34 AM

I get the magazine, but since I'm not showing anymore, I find that it's a bit useless for me :) I do like the fact it features a different breed each issue, and it does have some good all around tips. I think I might be looking for another one to subscribe to....