The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My old girl stood reserve grand today! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-old-girl-stood-reserve-grand-132030/)

MHFoundation Quarters 07-23-2012 09:04 PM

My old girl stood reserve grand today!

1 Attachment(s)
One of my students took my Hanoverian mare to her county fair. She won her aged mares class (she is 21) and then stood reserve champion :D
They had a great judge that was looking for a true english type horse. The mare that stood grand was a gorgeous 6 year old Perch/TB cross. Judge had my student pull Missy out and trot her to show folks what type of movement she was looking for. The old girl can move :wink:

Kiddo's face marked out (parents decision and one I applaud as a mother of a little girl myself)

Here is my old, a bit fluffy sweet Missy Moo sporting her Res. Champ penant. She did show in a bridle but this was an afterthought, so excuse the ugly lead rope.
Attachment 107611

smrobs 07-23-2012 09:08 PM

Oh, I love it!! It's so great to see those older horses helping to teach the younger humans what's what and how it feels to win :D.

ThursdayNext 07-23-2012 09:11 PM

Gorgeous!!

MHFoundation Quarters 07-23-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smrobs (Post 1611855)
Oh, I love it!! It's so great to see those older horses helping to teach the younger humans what's what and how it feels to win :D.

Me too :D She was a very happy kid! I love my old girl, I wish I'd have known her in her younger years, it's fun to imagine the horse she used to be.

Almost forgot the fun part, I purchased her sans papers so we didn't have a show name. She got a lot of giggles when they announced "And res. ch. #36b showing Miss Demeanor." I love it!

Skyseternalangel 07-24-2012 03:30 AM

Woohoo! Well done to your mare and your student!

MHFoundation Quarters 07-24-2012 07:43 AM

Thanks Sky!
Posted via Mobile Device