The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   My horses eye is pink??? what happend? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/my-horses-eye-pink-what-happend-132154/)

Tanner Lance 07-24-2012 09:03 PM

My horses eye is pink??? what happend?

my paint appy cross has white around her eyes and I noticed it turned pink? is this somthing i should be concerned about?

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-24-2012 09:07 PM

Pics? Sounds like conjunctivitis or perhaps just irritation. I'd call a vet - eyes are not something you want to leave be.

Wallaby 07-24-2012 09:17 PM

Is it the eye or the skin around the eye?
The eye itself = what EvilHorseOfDoom said.
Skin around the eye = sunburn?

Pictures would be useful. :)

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-24-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallaby (Post 1613468)
Is it the eye or the skin around the eye?

Good point, Wallaby. I see so few paints I didn't even thing it might be the skin, not the eye itself. If that were the case I'd be suspecting sunburn like you said.

ljazwinski 07-24-2012 09:31 PM

if it is the skin around the eye, then sunburn..... I have to put sunblock on Rocket's white spots in the summer... he burned the first year I had him !

Tanner Lance 07-25-2012 09:37 AM

Its her actual eye, her skin around her eye if fine, ill try to get a picture on here today, Thanks!

equiniphile 07-25-2012 10:09 AM

Eye problems are nothing to mess around with. Look at the eye and see if there's anything obvious on the surface (a scratch, a piece of hay) that might be irritating it. Is it tender? Is he blinking more often than usual, or keeping it partially closed? Is it leaking fluid, indicating an infection?

Call the vet out and have him examine the horse within a few days, before the problem gets worse. Depending on what it looks like, she'll probably use flourescent strips to try and find any scratches.

Tanner Lance 07-25-2012 12:02 PM

I just checked her out and it looks back to normal... there was probably just somthing irratating it, thanks for the tips!

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-26-2012 02:53 AM

Good to hear - probably just some insect or a bit of pollen, then :-)