The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Finally able to run across the ever so green pastures without any pain <3 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/finally-able-run-across-ever-so-132243/)

Elizabeth Bowers 07-25-2012 02:13 PM

Finally able to run across the ever so green pastures without any pain <3

1 Attachment(s)
Leroy, my beloved gelding, i have finally given you the peace and pain free life you sooo very much deserved. i will miss you soo much, you truly were my heart horse. Standing for hours on top of the hill together while i braided your mane. We'd stare out over the lake on the farm where you were born, and you would eventually fall asleep on my shoulder or in my arms. You were with me through it all, my parents divorce, my first boyfriend, my first job, marriage, moving, even adding new members to the herd. You were a great uncle to the babies, and Loony girls best friend, and you stuck it out as long as you could with your older brother Shadow. You were the first horse who actually challenged men for their place beside me, but you took to my husband. You even herded and cut cattle by yourself, such a talented horse you were, and smart too. Some how you managed to squeeze your 16hh frame through a 3ft window, i still remember pap calling me and telling me to come and catch you. I just wish things would have turned out differently for you, i wish i could have done more for you. I didn't know the severity of your condition when i got you, but i did my best to make sure you were comfortable and happy. I did everything i could to give you a fighting chance, maybe if would have known then what i do now, maybe it would have been better. I still love you Ol Boy, and you will always be racing in my heart. I will miss you soo much and always remember the moments we shared together. But now you get to graze those ever so green pastures in the clouds with your mother and oldest brother. <3 Leroy <3

Elizabeth Bowers 07-30-2012 11:53 AM

Leroy 6-1-95 * 7-25-12

10 Attachment(s)
Some pics of my dear best friend when we brought him home to our farm and a few years later.Attachment 108383

Attachment 108384

Attachment 108385

Attachment 108386

Attachment 108387

Attachment 108388

Attachment 108389

Attachment 108390

Attachment 108391

Attachment 108392

Elizabeth Bowers 08-12-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a drawing i did in tribute to Leroy.

Walkamile 08-12-2012 04:50 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. He looked like a wonderful ole boy. Seeing him with the other horses, he certainly looked to have had a happy life with wide open spaces to run and buddies to keep company with. What more could a horse want? Friends, space and love.

You are a remarkable artist. Stunning drawing!

themacpack 08-12-2012 04:55 PM

I just want to reach through the computer and give you a great big {{hug}}. The pictures are wonderful and it certainly looks as though he had a wonderful life during his time with you....I hope those memories carry you through to the day you are together again.

Elizabeth Bowers 08-13-2012 12:49 PM

He was a great horse, my best friend and loved to race when he was moved to new pastures.
Thank you.
I love to draw, the best ones are usually when i'm mad or depressed....
:-)