The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Activities (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-activities-132255/)

HorseGirlFive 07-25-2012 03:41 PM

Horse Activities

I go to my Aunt's rescue barn but its not right next door so I can only go about twice a week. If I could I would go to the barn everyday. Since I love horses so much, but I can only spend a certain amount of time with them (for now), are there any horsie activites I could do? Thanks! :D

Saranda 07-25-2012 04:55 PM

What is your experience?

HorseGirlFive 07-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saranda (Post 1615096)
What is your experience?

My experience with horses? I am decently experienced.. I have been riding off and on since I was 7 and I have always loved horses.

Saranda 07-25-2012 06:08 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but having always loved horses doesn't really tell much of one's skills and abilities. It would really be unpleasant if somebody gave an interesting idea for an activity here, but it would turn out hurting a person or a horse because of lack of experience.

Taking walks in trails with a horse is almost always a nice and bond-building activity to do.

HorseGirlFive 07-25-2012 06:20 PM

I mean whenever I'm at home.. I can't always be at the barn. When I say horse activities I mean crafts, baking treats for horses, etc. Other than that, I always have something to do when I'm ~at~ the barn.

Prinella 07-25-2012 06:24 PM

I'd suggest studying breeds, medical info anything you can get your hands on.
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseMom1025 07-25-2012 06:33 PM

Do you have a 4H club? Our local 4H has horse bowl and judging as activities. In horse bowl you and your teammates compete against other teams on horse knowledge (similar to jeopardy). In Judging, you don't need a horse of your own, you go to shows and judge various events. You ate scored based on how close your placings are to that of the actual judges scores.
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseGirlFive 07-25-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseMom1025 (Post 1615298)
Do you have a 4H club? Our local 4H has horse bowl and judging as activities. In horse bowl you and your teammates compete against other teams on horse knowledge (similar to jeopardy). In Judging, you don't need a horse of your own, you go to shows and judge various events. You ate scored based on how close your placings are to that of the actual judges scores.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh thats neat! I don't have a 4H club.. but it does sound like lots of fun. :-)

HorseMom1025 07-25-2012 06:46 PM

What about Breyer shows? My BF has collected Breyers her whole life and recently discovered Breyer showing. I bet you could Google and find a local club. There are tons of different activities depending on your talents and interests. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseGirlFive 07-25-2012 07:44 PM

Alright thank you, I'll check it out! :)