The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Olympians & their horses! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/olympians-their-horses-13246/)

BrwnEyedGrl 08-13-2008 10:55 AM

Olympians & their horses!

Wow :shock: All I can say is the Germans can kick some horse jumping butt!!! I have unfortantly missed most of the olympics thus far but last night caught the "end" half of the teamed jumps & individual jumping!! Wow everyones horses looked great & in my opinion jumped great!! The Germans, however, have got it down! Congratulations to the Germans. I was sorry to see the USA did not do so well, however "Gina" (I believe was her name 4 US) is a first time olymipian & she did GREAT!! kudos to all that competed.

GeminiJumper 08-13-2008 11:10 AM

I'm sooo bummed, I haven't been able to catch any of the horse stuff!!!! blehhh

BrwnEyedGrl 08-13-2008 11:25 AM

Well thankfully we just got direct TV & they got tons of olympic channels! LOL. But I have missed most of it!

claireauriga 08-13-2008 11:31 AM

We've had live coverage on the BBC for all the equestrian events - even if they've been showing something else, I've been able to switch to equestrian coverage on Freeview. Freeview is the digital terrestrial signal that you don't need a subscription to access.

Most of it has been at awkward hours (between half eleven and five in the morning), but they always show comprehensive highlights too - and not just the British riders! They usually manage to get good interviews at the end of the events too.

xoLivxo 08-13-2008 03:17 PM

germany DID kick butt.

hotreddun 08-13-2008 04:52 PM

you can watch it all free online at nbcolympics.com

GeminiJumper 08-13-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreddun
you can watch it all free online at nbcolympics.com

Okay!! Thanks!!

Moxie 08-13-2008 09:14 PM

All I've seen so far is the dressage, and I'll have to say, I HATE how they slap their horses after their session.

claireauriga 08-14-2008 06:12 AM

Slap them? What do you mean - are you on about giving them a great big pat on the neck and shoulder or something else?

Rachluvshorses4eva 08-14-2008 06:20 AM

Congrats to the Aussies winning a silver. This is going to saound really bad, but i was just praying for the Germans to knock down some jumps, because at the start of the round they were in front of Australia by less then a penlety point! If they had just knocked three down in the last jump.... :cry:

The Aussies did well so congrats to the Aussies!