The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who wants to help me look?

3K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Cacowgirl 
#1 ·
I'm on the hunt for a 16.1hh-17.2hh Thoroughbred horse between 3-8 years old and preferably off the track. Must be riding sound and at least green broke, I would prefer a horse with no show experience other than racing. Being registered in a must.

Long legs and a well balanced build are a must! I'm paying for this out of pocket all by myself so I can't afford more than $800.00. I'm looking thru auctions, craigslist, dream horse, horse clicks, etc like mad! Anybody wanna help?

Within 50 miles of the 85298 zip code. :)

#2 ·
If your willing to take something straight off the track: Try your nearest race track. Or if needed, look up trainers at your track - you should find them on equibase, and try contacting them to see if they have any slow boats :)

If not, you could still contact them they may have or know somebody looking to move somebody on.

#4 ·
Maple: Good to know! Thanks! I'll start looking today!

Joe4d: They're pretty common here as well, but not nearly as common as I'm sure that they are there. No truck, no trailer. Never had one. It's in the plans tho! I always pay a little extra to have my horses professionally hauled.

#5 ·
OK,I looked up the one and only race track that's open in my area. I'll be heading there first thing this weekend. Until then, craigslist will be my only option! I'm really hoping I get lucky with a great horse just because he can't run as fast as everyone else.

#30 ·
You are on top of things, TC. The grey looks like a pretty good deal, although the little bay mare is the type I go for -LOL! Yes, if you can stay away from the paperwork/restrictions a rescue requires-so much the better. Yes, they do a good job, but sometimes their rules just aren't realisitic. I'd much rather own my horses outright & able to make all decisions concerning them. Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.