The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   The Olympic Thread (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/olympic-thread-132580/)

Chiilaa 07-28-2012 08:22 AM

The Olympic Thread

I figure that this is going to be a hot topic on several forums for the next few weeks, so I think if we try to keep the "omg did you see X" to one thread, we can keep everything fairly neat :-P

So, it's day one of the eventing dressage, I am watching it all (recording what I can't stay up to see lol). Already so impressed - the russian guy on his antsy horse has just been. He worked so hard to keep a straight face, I would have been crying by the end of the test lol.

Also, very very very impressed to see at least one (so far) rider wearing their helmet as opposed to a top hat. It was immediately apparent - I didn't realise how much it stuck out until I saw it, but it just has such good implications for young riders all round the world.

Pretty sure it's Lucinda Green doing the commentary (in Australia), she is irritating me. I know she is an international level rider, blah blah. She also expressed her opinion that "half pass" is a silly term, and that she can't understand why it is called that. Well, Lucinda dear, it's because it's half way to a full pass. But that's beside the point, right?

PintoTess 07-28-2012 08:55 AM

Im saddned :(I can't watch it unfortunately! I have no access to a TV at the moment. Ill just have to keep on checking up on this thread to see what happens than shall I?

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-28-2012 09:06 AM

PT it's not being shown on Channel 9, not sure whether any of the current riding is being broadcast by Fox as I don't have pay TV. I see by the scores that team Australia is leading in the dressage, not sure how up to date that is.
Posted via Mobile Device

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-28-2012 09:12 AM

Actually they're about to start showing the dressage here! PT can you go to a mate's and hog their TV? lol
Posted via Mobile Device

ellygraceee 07-28-2012 09:35 AM

I wish they showed more than just some of Chris Burton's test and most of Sam Griffiths's test. I kinda did fangirl all over my facebook though. I was all "OH MY GOSH, EQUESTRIAN IS ON TV! OH MY GOSH!"... I really wish I had pay tv!

EvilHorseOfDoom 07-28-2012 09:39 AM

Me too...
Posted via Mobile Device

faye 07-28-2012 10:10 AM

I dont know if you can get it outside of the UK but the BBC iplayer is showing it online all day
BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics

Shasta1981 07-28-2012 10:14 AM

Faye your link won't work for me. :(. Says they "can't show this content in your area."

Does anyone else have a live streaming link in the US? It's all swimming, cycling and volleyball on my local tv!

egrogan 07-28-2012 10:17 AM

Yes, this is working for me in the US for live streaming- http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra...dressage-day-1

Also, looks like it should be on TV on NBC Sports Network between 1:45-2:45 pm EST.

Shasta1981 07-28-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egrogan (Post 1619531)
Yes, this is working for me in the US for live streaming- Watch The Olympics LIVE on NBC?s Live Extra | NBC Olympics

Also, looks like it should be on TV on NBC Sports Network between 1:45-2:45 pm EST.

Not showing up on my station but handball(?) is going to get some airtime!

Thanks for the stream link, it's working!