The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Hano/Pinto Mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-hano-pinto-mare-132775/)

JumpAnOxer 07-29-2012 11:57 PM

Critique Hano/Pinto Mare

Just adopted a 5 year old Hanoverian/Pinto mare with Pik Solo lines. Have only been on her a couple of times, but nothing too serious, since she is coming off of a year in a pasture. Super sweet personality now that she is over being pushy and bratty about everything. I know it isn't a perfect shot, but trying to get her still is a challenge. What do you think?

http://www.horseforum.com/horses/pho...b4ec3_full.jpg

CLaPorte432 07-30-2012 12:05 AM

893 Attachment(s)
Wow, big body! Tiny neck and head. Super steep shoulder. Looks over at the knee. Steep croup? Light bone.

Looks like she needs some muscle and weight added to her.

Good luck keeping her clean! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

soenjer55 07-30-2012 12:12 AM

I'm definitely not an expert and don't claim to be, but here I go!

Her front legs look lovely to me, with nice short pasterns with nice angles and short canon bones. She may be a teeny bit back at the knee and she looks a bit light of bone. Her shoulder looks lovely, it looks very open to me, with a nice deep girth and a bit of a long back. I can't really see her back legs but she seems to be a bit sickle-hocked, with average back canons- her hocks look a bit strange to me... a bit pointy? Her hip looks average, with a pretty angled croup and (maybe) a bit of a low-set tail. Her withers are pretty huge, and her neck seems to be tied in a bit low. I think I see a bit of a roach back? I'm not sure... it may be just the white horse in the background...

Overall she's a pretty girl.

JumpAnOxer 07-30-2012 12:51 AM

Thanks for the critiques!

She definitely needs some weight and lots of muscle, she is all skin and bones now. In person her head seems a lot bigger...maybe just an illusion with the color change. And she is standing funny with her back legs, will try to get a better photo of them sometime this week as well as a video of her movement...I think I am in love with her trot.

I am already dreading keeping her clean. I have always stayed away from paints and greys, just because theyre always dirty looking, but couldn't pass up this one. We will have to come to some sort of agreement on baths...right now I say yes and she says no thanks!

lilruffian 07-30-2012 11:00 PM

Shoulder is rather upright but she has a good depth of girth
Neck needs muscling
As for her front legs, it's hard to tell with only one photo but i would agree with Jumpanoxer in that she appears ever-so-slightly back at the knee
Back is just a touch long and roached
Steep angle to her croup
Not standing perfectly square but she appears sickle-hocked in the back legs there and possibly cowhocked as well
Pasterns maybe a bit long but have a nice angle to them