The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Open Front Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/open-front-boots-132910/)

JustWingIt 07-30-2012 10:51 PM

Open Front Boots

I posted this in tack too, but thought I'd post here as well :)

I was looking at getting open front boots for my boy. What brands do other people use? I have been looking at these
Professional's Choice VenTECH Open Front Jumping Boots - Front Boots from SmartPak Equine
Opinions?
I don't want to spend a ton, but I would like something well made and functional.
Thanks! :)

MurrayLover12 07-30-2012 11:30 PM

Crosby Leather Open Front Boots - Front Boots from SmartPak Equine Leather Open Front Boots-_-NA&cm_vc=UpSell

These are on sale and are WAY NICER!!! but I just use Roma magnetic open front splint boots on my OTTB

kaykat31 07-31-2012 12:14 AM

I love love love Equifit Boots, they are a tad pricey for schooling boots, but totally worth it. I feel like they give some of the best protection of any boot out there. And you really could show in them if you clean them up. EquiFit T-Boot Original Open Front Boots - Velcro - Front Boots from SmartPak Equine

caseymyhorserocks 08-01-2012 12:15 AM

I have thinline open front boots. Plain, but they are super easy to clean and I like them.

ThinLine Open Front Boots - Front Boots from SmartPak Equine

upnover 08-01-2012 05:57 PM

I like thinline, Equi-fit, and Eskadrons

JustWingIt 08-01-2012 06:13 PM

Thanks for your input everyone! I think I am going to spring and just get Eskadrons, I have been told they last a long time and clean up well for the show ring. Dover also has a good deal right now where you can get a set of front boots and ankle boots for a discounted price.
Thanks everyone!!!!! :)

upnover 08-01-2012 06:24 PM

Eskadrons are wonderful and last forever. Make sure that you get the kind with the cutout back (flexisoft?). I know of some horses who had tendon irritation because they didn't get the flexisoft kind.

JustWingIt 08-01-2012 06:28 PM

I will, thanks!!!! :)

Horses4Healing 08-04-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustWingIt (Post 1626329)
Thanks for your input everyone! I think I am going to spring and just get Eskadrons, I have been told they last a long time and clean up well for the show ring. Dover also has a good deal right now where you can get a set of front boots and ankle boots for a discounted price.
Thanks everyone!!!!! :)

Dover has a sale on them right now? I have been waiting for them to go on sale for a while now! Thanks for the heads up!!

JustWingIt 08-05-2012 06:12 PM

haha no prob! :)