The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

most expensive horse!!??

5K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  WSArabians 
#1 ·
read this article today.. wow..

The previous record from 1985 of $13.1 million US dollars was set the for the Thoroughbred Seattle Dancer, whose lineage included Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew, according to reports.

But that record has been broken, and now the most expensive horse ever sold is an unnamed 2-year-old Florida-born colt, and you can bet this expensive Thoroughbred is on a path straight to the Kentucky Derby. The expensive colt reportedly went for $16,000,000 USD.

!!!! he sold for 16 million dollars and he hasn't ran a race yet..

See less See more
#6 ·
well I guess Karma got these guys.... this is what it says on on there....

That 16 million dollar two year old was just retired as a four year old and never won a race. The Green Monkey raced three times and was never better than third. He's been retired to stud in Florida.

#9 ·
could you even imagine how rich those people must be to blow 16 mil on a horse? I mean they gotta be frickin trillionares...

and why put a tb out to stud that never finished well in his races? what is the sense in that? aren't you supposed to breed winners not the rest of the pack..?:?

#12 ·
I could buy everything I ever NEEDED with that. A barn indoor riding arena a barrel racing trainer vet money dang i could go on and on... but just to buy a single horse.. maybe they had someone telling them that horse was going to go big, well i bet they were angry with that person lol:)

Reactions: srh1
#15 ·
I believe I read somewhere that his fee is $5000.

All I can say is, if I had that much money to blow.. I'd buy a very nice Warmblood mare and probably build myself my own barn.. and buy top knotch of everything.

#16 ·
ik right?! does he piss glitter or something?! warmbloods have multiple purposes though. this guy was a racing tb that was sent to pasture as a stud...i dont get why he is so expensive...does he look like he could have a future career in jumping or something?

#17 ·
Yeah, although, I suppose if you had that much money.. you probably already have everything you could possibly want, haha. They did buy him on the presumption that he'd have a great career due to pedigree and that one 1/8 mile stretch he ran... which was just a huge gamble really. I do want to eventually get an OTTB and retrain it, but I'd love a Warmblood.. some day though. :)

#22 ·
What you guys are forgetting is that they are not buying a horse they are buying hopes and dreams. You see it at all the big sales be it TB or NRHA NRCHA and so on. The highest priced horses are long yearlings and started 2's. They are buying that hope of having a horse in the big show and doing well. Some times those dreams come true and sometimes they do not.

#26 ·
Those were horses with a race record. Most were syndicated or insured for great amounts after being retired from racing. They also insure fertility for several million on those horses with huge race records.

This is a 'prospect' sold at auction as a yearling. Most of the very high priced yearlings are total failures. I believe it is an 'auction record'.

#27 ·
Look at the prices are prospects at the NRHA and NCHA sales. Now they are not as high as the TB or even the QH recing prospects but they are still high.

I have seen some ones that have broken records win and some not so much. However the vast majority of the top horses are sold privetly. So you can only guess at what they sold for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.