The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   One year with the best horse. <3 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/one-year-best-horse-3-a-133180/)

maddisullivan 08-01-2012 11:35 PM

One year with the best horse. <3

It wouldn't upload my video so here's the Youtube link.

August 16th will mark one year since I got my amazing horse, Flashy Trend.
I was looking for my own horse. I'd been riding for six years and I'd never actually owned a horse, instead I had to switch through school horses. Then, I found Flash. He was emaciated because his owner had no clue what she was doing. He was dirty and had a knot in his tail literally the size of the fat end of a baseball bat. No one believed I could get this skinny, lanky OTTB from a retired racehorse used for trail riding and barrel racing to eventer. But I was gonna prove them wrong. The first time I got on him, he took off running. It may seem weird, but in that moment, I knew that this was my horse.
I took him home, fattened him up, and trained. And now, a year later, this horse is absolutely beautiful, and he is a beginner novice level eventer who can definitely go higher. He jumps 3 feet now. He was simply born for this. I was blessed when I found this horse, that personalitywise reminded me so much of myself it's unreal. He taught me who I really am, and he's pulled me through one of the darkest times of my life. He is just plain perfect in my eyes. I love this horse, more than ANYTHING in my life, even my life itself. I wouldn't give him up for the world. And this is a video that reflects on this amazing year together. The best year of my entire life, the year I finally had a real best friend. <3

Cintillate 08-02-2012 12:16 PM

Good job for not giving up. :) He looks amazing.

maddisullivan 08-02-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cintillate (Post 1627291)
Good job for not giving up. :) He looks amazing.

Thank you. :) He's my pride and joy.

TrojanCowgirl 08-02-2012 03:16 PM

Congratulations! I hope you two go far. I'm getting my first OTTB very soon and I am excited! Very very happy for you!

maddisullivan 08-02-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrojanCowgirl (Post 1627534)
Congratulations! I hope you two go far. I'm getting my first OTTB very soon and I am excited! Very very happy for you!

Thank you!! They are the best. Super fun and so willing and athletic! I love mine and wouldn't trade him for the world.