The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Confo critique 15yo QH (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/confo-critique-15yo-qh-133278/)

PaintMeAnOvero 08-02-2012 08:29 PM

Confo critique 15yo QH

This is Sadie, my other trail horse. She was being used as a lesson horse. I do not know her pedigree, I have had her since march. Bought her b/c she is a trusty, been there-done that horse for my husband and daughters. Any input to her confo is appreciated!

Elana 08-02-2012 09:06 PM

She is a very substantive horse.. likely will ride well into her 20's. At 15 if she has been used and is still sound it says a LOT.

Her shoulder is a bit steep, point of shoulder angle is a bit closed but her neck is set on correctly. Her back is a bit long and her coupling a bit weak looking (but she IS 15). She has nice low hocks but the appear to be a tad sickled and she has good bone.. her forearms are a bit light.

All that being said, she is very substantive and looks to be a very good horse.

PaintMeAnOvero 08-02-2012 09:18 PM

Thanks again for your input! She is a wonderful horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

lilruffian 08-05-2012 12:34 PM

Shoulder is a tad upright
Nice, deep girth
Neck set isnt bad
Back is long and im not sure if she is on level ground, but she appears bum-high
Nice front legs and short cannons
Hindquarters look alright
Hard to really say if she is sickle-hocked as she's not standing perfectly square but she doesnt look bad to me
A little cowhocked, though

Dressage10135 08-05-2012 12:39 PM

Can't help you much on her conformation, but thought I'd point out that it appears she has an ill fitting saddle. Is the white mark near her withers on the other side as well?

PaintMeAnOvero 08-05-2012 01:23 PM

She isn't butt high, ground was a bit uneven. Dressage, she had that spot when I bought her, no spot on the other side. I assure you she has a proper fitting saddle now that she is in mine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Macslady 08-09-2012 07:24 PM

The only thing that bothers me about her is the flip flops people persist in wearing when they handle their horses. I have seen what a horse hoof can tear up on a bare foot.