The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Horse Jumping Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/horse-jumping-trainers-133339/)

madeline97 08-03-2012 10:21 AM

Horse Jumping Trainers

Hey all,
I'm looking for a really good trainer in Columbus, Ohio (or near there...). I don't need someone to train my horse, just to work on our jumping as a team. Anyone have any good references or friends? Also, I've been trying to find a place to practice our cross-country (we do eventing!), but haven't really found any in the area...anyone know of any?
Thanks so much in advance!!:)

Hoofprints on my heart 08-03-2012 12:32 PM

Im going to tell you right now its a pain in th butt to find a good trainer in ohio, Ive been tryin for almost 5 years and have been in almost 7 different barns trying to find one. Here are a couple links to some barns that might have a good trainer and some for cross country courses.
  • Ive heard good things about Rue's Sports horses she doesnt have a website but you can find her on new horse, she is an exeventer, she mainly focuses on dressage but she as im told also works great with jumpers Rue Sport Horses: Listed in Horse Boarding Farms in Columbus, Ohio
  • Ive also heard praises abut Nicole Parill @ Hunters Court farm they hav a website Horse Boarding, Horse Training, Lessons, Hunter Jumper Stable, Columbus and Johnstown Ohio
  • Im not to sure about cross country courses near columbus my favorite is called Buckeye Horse Park and its up near Youngstown Ohio its almost a 3 hour drive from where you are so I dont think it would be an opertunity for you but its a great park im a member there and they have trails and cross country and a ton of shows wich makes it really fun.

madeline97 08-07-2012 12:33 PM

Alright, I'll check those out! And yes, I have been switching barns like crazy trying to find someone reliable! Thanks for the input!!