The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   On his off time I'm teaching him some tricks:) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/his-off-time-im-teaching-him-133366/)

barrelbeginner 08-03-2012 04:49 PM

On his off time I'm teaching him some tricks:)

Well, Some of you may know Sunny is not going to be ridden for a while because his feet are realllllly tender still and he got himself stuck up in some fence.. While, we are on our break I will be teaching him some tricks such and hugging and bowing..

with bowing I was working with him today and I am only doing it when he DOESNT have a halter on because I dont want him to do it when he does have one on.. He is the kind of horse that will do it over and over to get a treat.. but we are working on it:) I got him to bow for a treat with me kinda tickling the inside of his leg:) he looks so cute Ill try to get some pictures later

for hugging Im putting a treat in my hand and standing to the side of him and telling him HUG.. its working:)

I think the hugging is great for stretching since sunny doesn't have much movement in his neck?

Country Boy 08-03-2012 05:09 PM

I think it's great that you're training him to do tricks!

englishaqh 08-03-2012 05:57 PM

Yay, tricks are so sweet.
You know, I admire that you are not taking this off-time to simply abandon your horse, and that you are not thinking in the perspective of "GAHHH, CAN'T RIDE, MY TIME IS WORTHLESS." There is a lot that one can do out of the saddle, and out of work for some time. Grooming is great bonding, as I'm sure you know. Tricks are another (less common but I would assume still effective) bonding method. So yay for you. Thumbs up. :D

barrelbeginner 08-03-2012 07:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
so far the teaching I think its going well.. sorry for the messed up hair it was raining lol