The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Beyond Thrilled (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/beyond-thrilled-133373/)

ioconner 08-03-2012 05:20 PM

Beyond Thrilled

Okay...let me start off by saying that I do have the help of a qualified trainer who has lots of experience in this particular area. So PLEASE do not jump up and down about what I am about to share!

I HAVE ADOPTED A NEW MUSTANG!!!! :happydance:

The trainer that I have been working with on another mare has done several of the extreme and supreme extreme mustang makeovers. I have entertained the idea of getting involved with the TIP program, but was hesitant knowing how very different it is from just your good ole' regular pasture bred and handled quarter horse! Well, she had this mare that she rescued, (she works with BLM and they contacted her to rescue this horse) and needed a good home. She was previously adopted from a satellite adoption and left in a dark, dingy barn all alone, went off feed, dropped weight, so they no longer wanted her.

She was recently vet checked and 99% sure confirmed in foal. She is a buckskin mustang from the pryor mountains. I've done some research and mostly the stangs from that area have dun factor. I have decided to call her "Veda" and she could not be any more special!!

I will keep updating with training as it progresses and pics to follow soon!!!:D

Country Boy 08-03-2012 05:26 PM

I hope it all goes well!

Country Woman 08-03-2012 05:31 PM

congratulations I hope it goes well

FeatheredFeet 08-03-2012 06:11 PM

Good for you. I also know a lady who does the Mustang makeovers. You should be able to get the best mentoring with your new girl. Keep us posted and pictures are a must.

Lizzie

trailhorserider 08-03-2012 06:17 PM

Congratulations!

I have a BLM Mustang and he is the best horse I have ever owned. No kidding! He takes his job as trail horse very seriously. :lol:

I wasn't responsible for training him and I have since found out I have no talents as a horse trainer so I am no help with that. But I just wanted to give you some positive feedback because they can be wonderful horses. My guy matches up with anyone's QH's (or any other breed) in the sane and safe department. And my friend who is a die-hard QH lover even loves him.

So best of luck with your new girl! :D

kait18 08-03-2012 06:56 PM

goodluck now the only thing missing is pictures :P

Lins 08-03-2012 07:34 PM

Congrats and good luck!! I hope you'll keep us updated :D
Posted via Mobile Device

ioconner 08-05-2012 10:23 PM

I've had a crazy weekend. At the hospital, my husband had appendicitis and surgery. Veda is settling in well. I need to start a training journal for her. I think she will be a good horse, she is a sweet little mare.
Posted via Mobile Device