The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   1 yr 3 months critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/1-yr-3-months-critique-133476/)

greygrace 08-04-2012 03:20 PM

1 yr 3 months critique

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone just want your thoughts on my QH/TH/BEL cross.Thanks

Super Nova 08-04-2012 05:15 PM

We need to see his pasterns and hooves!!!

Super Nova

blue eyed pony 08-04-2012 05:19 PM

First thought: OH YUM.

Second thought: Hmmm. Hind is a bit straight.

Put more eloquently, this youngen has a DIVINE front, look at that beautiful shoulder and face! However, it doesn't carry through to the hind, which appears quite upright. Horse is perhaps a touch over at the knees. Need to see pasterns and feet.

Elana 08-05-2012 09:41 AM

Looks nice now.. but a bit tied in behind the knee and a bit sickle in the hocks.. and a bit over all straight behind (and yes.. they can be both). This from his draft background where unknoledgeable breeders of draft horses think sickle hocks allow the horse to pull better (NOT TRUE).

I suspect that he may not develop into an adult that looks as nice as he does now... but only time will tell.

FeatheredFeet 08-05-2012 03:18 PM

He's a pretty fellow, but those front legs really worry me. Both tied in and over at the knee. He is a bit straight behind too. I'm not sure that either front or back leg problems, will improve with age. Too bad really.

Lizzie

Jewels 08-05-2012 11:43 PM

She is quite a bit tied in in her knees, and her hocks are a litte posty. She won't make a bad riding horse, but I wouldn't push it as far as hard riding, jumping etc.. could develop arthritis or other inflammations in those joints...I would like to see her pasterns,fetlocks, hooves, as that would help determine her future conformation. She could surprise you and tie in and fill out nicely, but I do however suggest seeing a corrective farrier, knows the legs real well, to make up for her conformation, whether it puts her more on her toes to put some slack in those tendons or more on her heel to put more pressure on the tendons, it will help her in stride. Could also be some bowed tendons in the back of her front legs, I would have the fairier check that out, feel if any tension, Also maybe some joint supplement might help loosen her up. Other than that she is a gorgeous young horse and she will always be a little different in her legs, but I think shes going to be a beautiful horse in time, and I really do think she is going to surprise you. Happy trails to you and your horse though! :) Hope I did SOME good!