The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Dressage saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/dressage-saddle-133505/)

Puddintat 08-04-2012 10:39 PM

Dressage saddle

I'm thinking about purchasing a dressage saddle. As much as I'd like to get a name brand like Pessoa or Collegiate I don't think I could afford one unless it was used and a really good deal.

Does anyone know anything about Silver Cup Supreme? I saw one for sale but not sure if they're decent. I also saw a synthetic one for sale but it came with a package that included bridle, pad, and girth so that made me think it wasn't a good purchase.

I know every saddle is different for every horse but if anyone has any tips that would be great. :wink:

tinyliny 08-04-2012 11:24 PM

I used to have a old Crosby Freestyle that I bought second hand for about 350$ . it was a really nice starter saddle, and I sold it for what I paid for it, a few years later.

tinyliny 08-04-2012 11:26 PM

this one has a tear on the seat, which you could cover in tape . IF you want a cheap one for just learning in, this might work.

Crosby Dressage Saddle | eBay

Make sure they guarantee the tree is not broken.

this one is much better:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosby-Prix-...item43b2619a41

Puddintat 08-05-2012 08:37 AM

Thanks. Of course neither one of those say what size tree it is!!

kitten_Val 08-05-2012 09:54 AM

Does Pessoa even make dressage saddles? Never heard about them frankly.

Puddi, if your finances are limited go with the used one instead of new junk. Collegiate, MT, Crosby, Stubben - you can find something very reasonable priced and in a good shape.

Puddintat 08-05-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1631412)
Does Pessoa even make dressage saddles? Never heard about them frankly.

Puddi, if your finances are limited go with the used one instead of new junk. Collegiate, MT, Crosby, Stubben - you can find something very reasonable priced and in a good shape.

Forgive me. I don't know why I said Pessoa. It was late and I had looked at a ton of saddles that were dressage and all purpose. :?

DraftXDressage 08-05-2012 07:01 PM

Pessoa does make dressage saddles, FWIW. Not that that's super relevant to the discussion, just wanted to clear that up.

kitten_Val 08-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftXDressage (Post 1632071)
Pessoa does make dressage saddles, FWIW. Not that that's super relevant to the discussion, just wanted to clear that up.

I looked that up and they indeed have them on Pessoa site. I wonder if they are not popular or what, because while I've seen lots of jumping, I've never seen a dressage one in any store around.

DraftXDressage 08-05-2012 09:39 PM

I have never seen one IRL either. I think they are a fairly recent addition to the Pessoa product line.

SueNH 08-06-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puddintat (Post 1631352)
Thanks. Of course neither one of those say what size tree it is!!

I was just looking at those. One has the size as 17.5 and the other is a 17.

I asked.