The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   First lesson on Dubai -video- (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/first-lesson-dubai-video-133569/)

DuffyDuck 08-05-2012 01:16 PM

First lesson on Dubai -video-

This was my first lesson on Dubai :D

I've had more since, and hoping to film another this week but he is such a star!

There are areas I know I need to work on. My reins were too long, and I know I caught him in the mouth at times, however I was trying to find what his mouth would do after that groom rode him :S

But thought I should share it with you all!

cakemom 08-05-2012 01:45 PM

I truly believe you've found a diamond in the rough there. He's becoming more and more aware of himself and already I see such change in him. Lovely boy.
Posted via Mobile Device

DuffyDuck 08-05-2012 01:47 PM

Thanks so much! He has improved even more since then, being in more consistent work has done wonders for him. Still very light work due to his age, but his gaits are already improving!!

He is an absolute star, I've never felt as happy on horseback as I do with him!

cakemom 08-05-2012 01:52 PM

Awesome!!
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 08-05-2012 02:09 PM

I see a big future there! lovely boy and you make a very nice pair.

Weezilla 08-05-2012 02:10 PM

Horrible! Awful! Blech! He must go!

He must come here, where I can hide him8-):wink:

Seriously; dropdead gorgeous, a wonderful mover, and you look great up there. Congratulations!

Neat indoor, too- I love the brick.

DuffyDuck 08-05-2012 02:24 PM

Awh shucks guys ;D
He is darn gorgeous, and he knows it!! I am hoping to keep him whole as long as possible.

My trainer's other half used to judge the three year old stallion shows, and they are both very current breeders, although they now breed western horses, and are very keen for me to keep him entire providing he can behave.

He is doing so, so well. I lunged him today with elastic bungees under the lunge girth, he stretched down and really came under himself, and when I sent him forward I swear my eyes popped out aha!

kitten_Val 08-05-2012 03:45 PM

Nice horse and I really like his movement. Just curious - how big is he?

DuffyDuck 08-05-2012 03:51 PM

At the moment he sticks at 1m68, 16,3hh... but he is still a bit butt high, and his father was 17hh, so I reckon he'll finish off the same :)

kitten_Val 08-05-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuffyDuck (Post 1631836)
At the moment he sticks at 1m68, 16,3hh... but he is still a bit butt high, and his father was 17hh, so I reckon he'll finish off the same :)

Wow! He's indeed tall. Good luck with him - I'm jealous! :)