The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Riders Choice Barrel Saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/riders-choice-barrel-saddle-13363/)

CountryGirl43 08-15-2008 12:49 AM

Riders Choice Barrel Saddle?

Has anyone ever used one? what do you think of them?

They are on e-bay and American made.

Birdeye723 08-16-2008 05:08 PM

CG, I've heard good things about them...actually, I haven't really heard any bad things. I've just heard that they're well-built, comfortable, and trees are of good quality.

I, personally, don't like them because they're all rough-out fenders and I hate rough-out even if I am barrel racing but that isn't really relevant to what you're asking :P ETA - I was wrong, they're not all rough-out...I'm still stickin' to my treeless. :lol:

Hope somebody comes along who has gotten one! I know there are a few people on CS forum that have gotten some.

PS, good to see you here!

CountryGirl43 08-17-2008 08:01 PM

Hey there Birdeye...good to see you too.

I thought I would ask here. I am now ready to order one, but wanted to hear form those who have one.

I am calling Riders Choice tomorrow...I am so excited!!

Dumas'_Grrrl 08-18-2008 11:00 AM

You could look them up on horsetackreview.com perhaps some owners have posted some comments on them there. Good Luck! 8)

missmarie253 06-12-2009 02:03 AM

I know this is a little old, but I bought one a while back and sold it and it was the worst mistake I made. I really miss it and would like to get another one. If anyone knows where I can get a nice used one let me know. The saddle I had was so comfy and it fit my horse very well.

Saphira 10-20-2009 04:18 PM

I love my Riders Choice Saddle!

Hi all,
I am new to the forum, but noticed some discussion about Rider's Choice saddles. I have one and absolutely love it - but it is too big for me and I have been hoping to sell it so that I can buy another in a smaller seat size (and yes, I would buy another before I would look at anything else). It is the GW Crates Trail Saddle - retails for $949 with shipping. I can't say enough good things about this saddle - extremely comfortable and well-made. The only thing I would say is that the seat size is probably 1/2" bigger than as stated. Mine is a 16" seat (but I measure at 16-1/2") and between being borderline too big anyway, and me losing a significant amount of weight since I got it - I definately need a smaller saddle. Also - I have the square skirt and it is 26" long, so it is pretty big on a smaller, short-backed horse. Besides being an excellent quality saddle, it is very pretty. So, I would recommend the Rider's Choice saddle - at least the model that I have.