The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Horse behaves funny when cleaned under... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/horse-behaves-funny-when-cleaned-under-13379/)

kitten_Val 08-15-2008 09:17 AM

Horse behaves funny when cleaned under...

When my mom cleans my qh, hm-hm, private parts (between teats) and I hold her to stand, qh pulls her upper lip and start grabbing my cloth on shoulder and chest with lips really fast. It's pretty funny and ticklish to death, but rather weird. Does she have fun or something? She certainly doesn't use her teeth, but may be she will eventually... :shock: Seems to me she doesn't do it on my mom. Ans my paint doesn't do it at all.

HooverH 08-15-2008 09:46 AM

It seems to me she likes it, and is trying to groom you back as a thank you.

kitten_Val 08-15-2008 10:27 AM

May be you are right. :) It's funny way to groom back though...

SDS 08-15-2008 11:01 AM

My mare does the same thing. She will quiver her upper lip and nuzzle my back (I do it myself).

It just means that she likes it!

PoptartShop 08-15-2008 12:11 PM

My mare also did something like that- it's a good thing, shows she likes being cleaned! :D

FGRanch 08-15-2008 12:31 PM

It is her way of telling you that she enjoys it. My son's mare does the same thing. I always call that their spot! My colt does that when I rub his withers!

NorthernMama 08-15-2008 12:36 PM

Very normal... you've found a sweet spot for her. It means she likes it. You should see what my girl does when I scratch her! Man, her nickname is Lippy Lisa and there's a reason!

kitten_Val 08-15-2008 01:04 PM

How interesting... I doubt my paint has any spots. She certainly HATES when private parts are done, so I'm the only one who can clean there. I couldn't find any at least...

Salty_alydaR 08-15-2008 03:05 PM

ohmygosh, it was soo funny! when i went out to the turnout, i climbed up on the rail and Rex was near it so i started scratching his butt. he stretched is lip out and twisted his head, and when i moved to a different spot on the railing, he would follow me and press his butt up against the railing right in front of me. and he would get jealous and block my view when i tried to pet Charmer or B.G :roll:

Appyt 08-15-2008 04:06 PM

Gotta love it.. Gypsy gets quite enthusiastic when you clean or give her a good scritchrub there. I get great back massages that way.. lol