The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   uhh..Polo wraps? wierd string tie. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/uhh-polo-wraps-wierd-string-tie-133938/)

TheSkipper 08-08-2012 01:23 PM

uhh..Polo wraps? wierd string tie.

4 Attachment(s)
I bought these, i guess polos? off of craigslist. I just opened them and they have string ties, and they are two different sizes. in the picture of them all rolled next to each other, the two on the left are wider and taller, and the two on the right are short and thinner. also it looks like they were cut and re sewn or something. dI dont know if that is a manufacturer defect or what. But it doesnt look like they have ever been used or even unwrapped before. should I bother using them? or just drop them off at consignment for 5 bucks?

Kayella 08-08-2012 01:34 PM

Those aren't even fleece. I've never seen polo wraps not made of fleece. I would back away slowly. The ties would put uneven pressure on your horses tendons, which can cause damage.

ETA: And they're not even made of the same strip of material. Back away QUICKLY. Those could really hurt your horse.

TheSkipper 08-08-2012 01:39 PM

okay. Ill just get rid of them. Ive never seen them before, and i figured they would be dangerous in some way with that string. I figured if it came untied they would just unwrap and he would get his legs all tangled. they look cool and all, but theyre going in the trash. waste of 10 dollars. thank you!

gypsygirl 08-08-2012 01:41 PM

to me they just look like old track bandages. a track bandage it what you use over cottons for a standing wrap. i have an old pair that have a string tie instead of velcro. im guessing thats what they are.

TheSkipper 08-08-2012 02:12 PM

but theyre different sizes

mls 08-08-2012 02:16 PM

Tail wraps.

TheSkipper 08-08-2012 02:28 PM

but why would there be 4? and 2 sets of the same size? they were in a polo wrap bag kind of. it had the cardboard and it was in a rectangular bag

Chevaux 08-08-2012 02:55 PM

I agree with Gypsygirl -- track bandages, old style. With regard to size, I suspect two smaller for the front and two larger for the back legs. If the package is original, I also think they may be factory seconds of some sort and probably sold at a discount back in the day.

TheSkipper 08-08-2012 03:13 PM

oh okay, maybe ill keep them, just in case the other 50 pairs at my barn fail lol. thank you all!

wetrain17 08-08-2012 03:17 PM

Different sizes for front and back legs.