The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Middle Tennessee (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-middle-tennessee-13396/)

walkinthewalk 08-15-2008 02:26 PM

Hello from Middle Tennessee

While I am new to this board, I have posted a few times and thought I'd better introduce myself :)

My roots are on the OH/PA border, but I am happily semi-retired in Middle Tennessee with 4 horses, 5 dogs, 5 cats, and hubby whose paycheck picks up where my part time job leaves off :lol:

I have been on a horse since I was two; breaking and training them since I was 12 with a few Widowmakers to re-school thrown in for good measure.

My keeper horses were always Arab crosses but when the day came to lay my 29 yo Arab/Saddlebred to rest that I'd raised from birth, I decided that riding a gaited horse would be much better for the old war wounds.

I have always been a trail rider and my three Tennessee Walkers are just the ticket for riding long hours and not having to take three days to recouperate :lol:

The TWH in my avatar was 16 when that picture was taken. We have been riding buds for nearly 18 years. Be it riding along the state highway, in a parade, or butt sliding down a hillside Duke has never made a mistake. He is also semi-retired as he was diagnosed with Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS) last year, when he was 20.

I also have an Arab that I rescued 15 years ago. He is now 22 and gives little children happy horse memories when he isn't being a pasture ornament.

Four of my five dogs are rescues to one degree or another, as are four of my five cats.

Everyone seems really friendly and upbeat, and I look forward to being a member of this forum :D

PoptartShop 08-15-2008 02:43 PM

Hi there, welcome to the Horse Forum! :)
Have fun posting- it's very friendly & helpful here. :D

dame_wolf 08-15-2008 04:03 PM

Welcome from one newbie to another!

buckaroo2010 08-15-2008 05:04 PM

Welcome to the Horse Forum!
Nice to meet you! :D

Broken A Ranch 08-15-2008 07:27 PM

Hiya and Welcome!

Rachluvshorses4eva 08-15-2008 08:19 PM

Hello and welcome to the HF! Have heaps of fun, you meet a lot of friends! Your Arab sounds amazing!

jazzyrider 08-16-2008 06:59 AM

hiya
welcome to the forum :D