The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Riding Disciplines (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/riding-disciplines-133973/)

PalominoOwner 08-08-2012 05:20 PM

Riding Disciplines

I currently compete in
~ English Pleasure
~ English Equitation
~ Western Pleasure
~ Western Horsemanship
~ Showmanship
~ Halter
~ Western Riding
~ Bareback
~ Tandem Bareback

I would like to add eventing to my list can i do it on the horse i do all the other stuff on?

kitten_Val 08-08-2012 06:10 PM

I didn't quite get it... Do you event or not? If so, you can add it to the list, if not then, well, not. Do you jump and do dressage at all? (because both are parts of eventing)

PalominoOwner 08-09-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1636627)
I didn't quite get it... Do you event or not? If so, you can add it to the list, if not then, well, not. Do you jump and do dressage at all? (because both are parts of eventing)

My question was worded badly i understand i was wondering if i could do eventing as well

wetrain17 08-09-2012 11:18 AM

That is quite the list. I would be hesitant only because eventing is very different from your pleasure classes. You would be asking for a lot. If your horse has the stride for pleasure classes, more than likely he would not succeed at eventing.

DancingArabian 08-09-2012 11:20 AM

YOU, sure. The horse? Who knows. The horse would have to be trained in dressage and jumping then you and he have to be taught the nuances for each jumping style. In theory, probably but you likely have a trainer so talk about your goals with your trainer. Most likely you can do very low level eventing with the horse at least. How much more you can go from there depends on your work as a team and your trainer.
Posted via Mobile Device